Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » i might be screwed, wt do you think it is

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: i might be screwed, wt do you think it is
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
 -

http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/91cobra50/?action=view¤t=video-2011-11-03-15-33-41.mp4

so i was driving home got in my apartment drive way got over the first set of speed bumps and i heard the first knock, it came out of no where i drive the car at least 70 miles a day 5 days a week and ive put atleast 1,500 miles since the intake was put on and that plate that was temporarily over the egr port, just got home from from driving it 35 miles and it was running great and i have been getting a steady like 21mpg all highway basically.

so it knocks every other second or so and it idles a little rough and i think i can smell fuel faintly but it seems like it would rev just fine but i havent tried

i took the upper intake off and found a peice of a aluminum sheet metal plate that was blocking off the old egr whole but it was caught in the big part of the elbow for the upper intake, and i pulled off the valve covers and both sides and all the rockers are tight and the pushrods looked straight. not smoking

[ November 03, 2011, 02:58 PM: Message edited by: 915.0gt ]

Greasy
¯
Member # 5258

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Greasy  Ford pictures for Greasy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That video blows and you can faintly hear a knock. Have you tried taking the belt off and starting it?

--------------------
'93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
'03 DSG Cobra
'13 Dodge Cummins
'14 Rubicon X

Posts: 3272 | From: North Dallas | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 915.0gt  Ford pictures for 915.0gt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sorry i took it with my phone. no i havent tried taking off the belt, ill give it a try and get back
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pull your spark plugs and check them out/replace. Also check your spark plug wires/replace them.
JZTRK
¯
Member # 7641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JZTRK  Ford pictures for JZTRK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that sounds like valve train noise related rocker is unadjusted/broke, push rod is slaming betwen lifter and rocker lifter is bleeding down broken sping all of the above will give you a miss

--------------------
ANY THING PAST FIRST AND IM BREAKING THE LAW !!!

1990 lx Hatch (sold) 2014 GT Track Pack (sold) 2016 GT350 (sold)
1 of 16 2019 kona blue GT350R

Posts: 771 | From: My 44 Magnum says HI | Registered: May 2007  |  :
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

quote:
Originally posted by JZTRK:
that sounds like valve train noise related rocker is unadjusted/broke, push rod is slaming betwen lifter and rocker lifter is bleeding down broken sping all of the above will give you a miss

thats wt a friend of mine said to, tonight i gona pull the rockers out, push rods and the lifters and see were im at
915.0gt
¯
Member # 9518

just got done pulling off the upper and lower intake and checking the push rods, rockers, and lifters, all seem to be good and i looked as best i could down the heads at the valves and all i could see looked fine.

my friend said that it just may very well be a bottom end noise, i was hopping to not have to drop the pan, any other ideas that i can check to help verify it is a bottom end issue?

copcar
¯
Member # 10113

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for copcar  Ford pictures for copcar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
check for a bent push rod??

--------------------
12.37@ 109.34.NA 894DA Old Nitto 555 DR's Gt40 irons. B cam/1.7's, All emissions equipment on the car, stock air box. UPR catted X pipe.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com