Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Wheel question, help please.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Wheel question, help please.
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 2002 GT with 18x9 and 18x10 gun metal saleens. The wheels are 24 offset front and 22 offset rear. I want to ren 18x10 with 295-30-18 hoosier R6 all the way around, or 295 front 335 rear. Either way will the 18x10 with the 22 offset fit and work on the front? I know it will rub on fender liner. All of that is coming out. Car does not see street duty and will be road race only.

Thanks guys.

Posts: 641 | From: sacramento | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
a302juGRnot
¯
Member # 10163

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for a302juGRnot  Ford pictures for a302juGRnot    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
might rub a hair when in full turn but a small spacer should clear it. might stick out a little too.

use this and itll give you an exact estimate of how much will stick out and backspacing compared to your 18x9 wheel.

http://www.1010tires.com/wheeloffsetcalculator.asp

[ November 02, 2011, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: a302juGRnuat ]

--------------------
H/C/I slammed and flushed NOTCHback

H/C/I 1995 mustang gt sold

Posts: 1646 | From: sacramento | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
87 coupe
¯
Member # 10919

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87 coupe  Ford pictures for 87 coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I know the 10 inch rims will hit on the front too wide might hit on the strut unless u have aftermarket strut I'm running 275/40/18 with 10 inch rims and 245/45/ with 9 inch in the front I know 245/45/18 is to narrow but that's all I have right now 335 in the rear is perfect with the 10s and 285/ In the front is koo with the 9s
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DEVERO2  Ford pictures for DEVERO2    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you for the link. It helped some. LOL I now need to find the correct off set to get a 10 inch wheel on the front of my 2002
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

Bump
SteveL
¯
Member # 1241

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveL  Ford pictures for SteveL    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A few suggestions...

You already have the rims so why not swap the fronts and rears and see if the 10" rims will work on the front. I doubt it unless you flare the front fenders.

I had a 2001 Roush and ended up running 9" rims at all four corners. The front tires wear out faster than the rears so running the same size allows you to rotate front to rear. It also makes the issue of spares easier.

Last, you're looking at tires that are too wide for the rims. For a 9" rim, the correct size Hoosier is 275/35-18 or 295's on a 10" rim. Follow Hoosiers' recommended rim widths. Having the tire sidewalls right will help handling a lot more than an extra 1/2" of tire width,

Posts: 578 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: May 2002  |  :
DEVERO2
¯
Member # 6155

I know 295 go on a 10 inch rim, hence why I want to put a 10 inch rim in front. The 10 inch rims have 315 on them right now so test fitting will be a little off but still doable.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com