Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » manual to electric

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: manual to electric
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
just wanted to know if i could put electric doors on my car, its manual everything and its a pain in the ass. so can i swap doors?

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
There's a separate harness just for the doors it goes across behind the top of dash from door to door. I pulled the harness out of a wrecked car routed it from door to door there's a few factory grounds on each door that need to be grounded then on the drivers side there's some male and female plugs that plug into the dash harness. I didnt do that cause I don't have a dash harness so I just striped every wire and figured out what ones power both window switches mine works fine only thing I didn't hook up was the mirrors. But other plugs will be for speakers mirrors and door locks just got to weed thru it and check it out. I actually like the way I wired it straight to the batt I can roll down my windows without anything on

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I took my door panels off and I had an unused brown connector with multiple connections don't know what its for. But can I get that wiring harness and auto doors and slap it in?

--------------------
King Lx

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93coupessp  Ford pictures for 93coupessp    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit you might just have the wiring harness there already. You might only need the switches motors and solenoids for the doors

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

93coupessp
¯
Member # 8418

If the harness is there you prolly are missing fuses too. Check under your center console and see if there's a plug for the power mirrors too

--------------------
89 gt project
09 f250 diesel 605hp
14 cts-v
13 harley fxdb 103ci

LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

I have the little control thing for the mirrors on my center console. I have the unused brown connector on both doors. If someone can lmk what I have id appreciate it. Thanks cafords

--------------------
King Lx

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com