Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » bad rings/ head gasket?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: bad rings/ head gasket?
Bent70
¯
Member # 9694

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bent70  Ford pictures for Bent70    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been fighting my damn car since I bought it last October. Leaking coolant out of the water pump, then oil and coolant from the intake and now I have oil coming out of the top of the valve cover pass side, dipstick and maybe the base of the distributor(hard to tell).
Oil comes out when under load and/or over 3000k rpm. Also, pretty much every time I start the car for the first time I get white smoke out the pipes even though its in a warm garage and a good amount of water pours out as I back down my sloped driveway. I know it could be just condensation, but its quite allot and I swear I am loosing coolant.
Am I on the right track of bad rings and/or head gaskets? I haven't done a compression/leakdown test yet but will.

Motor was supposedly rebuild roughly a year ago, which I don't doubt. Maybe, I have bad luck or pushed the motor beyond its limits.

Here are motor specs:
- Rebuilt 302 with forged pistons, stock bottom end; fully rebalanced and cleaned; deburred, new oil pump, etc....
- Rebuilt and ported Ford Motorsport Y302 Alum heads with upgraded TFS springs, New Valves, and all new parts;
- Custom Lunati Blower cam
- UPR Plated valve covers; clearanced for roller rockers
- Edelbrock RPM 1 intake
- BBK 70mm Throttle Body and EGR
- UPR polished Rad cover
- Scorpion 1.72 Rockers plus new lifters and hardened push rods
- ARP Head Bolts
- High Flow Water Pump

stock compression pistons with a s-trim supercharger

--------------------
some stangs and thangs

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com