Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » NEED HELP FIXIN MY 5.0

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: NEED HELP FIXIN MY 5.0
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
WHO HERE KNOWS THEIR FOXES TOP TO BOTTOM? I NEED HELP FIXING SUM MINOR STUFF ON MY CAR...
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wut r u tryin to fix?

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 85CHP510:
WHO HERE KNOWS THEIR FOXES TOP TO BOTTOM? I NEED HELP FIXING SUM MINOR STUFF ON MY CAR...

man o' man.....

Can someone help me paint my 1989 mustang 5.0 calipers PINK?

How do i add blinker fluid to my 1993 mustang 5.0?

How would I yell if my muffler bearings are shot?I have a 1993 mustang 5.0?

I think the computer in my mustang has a virus,what version of Norton AV would work in my 1989 Mustang 5.0?

as stupid as those questions are at least someone can come in here are answer them...If you had given a little more info maybe people could help you out.How is someone going to offer you help if you dont tell us what you need help with....

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 85CHP510  Ford pictures for 85CHP510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phonso302:
quote:

man o' man.....

I think the computer in my mustang has a virus,what version of Norton AV would work in my 1989 Mustang 5.0?

as stupid as those questions are at least someone can come in here are answer them...If you had given a little more info maybe people could help you out.How is someone going to offer you help if you dont tell us what you need help with....

it seems like your the only one that has a problem with this so your sarcasm isnt needed, and i think its stupid of you to post some shit like that on here...i got people PMing me so its all good.
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

man o' man.....

it seems like your the only one that has a problem with this so your sarcasm isnt needed, and i think its stupid of you to post some shit like that on here...i got people PMing me so its all good.
Sorry man, but vague posts like yours on needing help on how to fix your car get posted daily. BE SPECIFIC! Tell what you need fixed. That way, if someone else has a similar issue, perhaps they can read your thread with helpful responses. Instead, we get this thread.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phonso302  Ford pictures for phonso302    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
quote:

man o' man.....

and the majority of people sending you pm's are probably shops that are going to take you for a ride... Had you been specific on what you needed help with someone might have volunteered their time to help you or explained to you how to do it...
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

[that, i am gonna have to agree with you....
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
[that, i am gonna have to agree with you....

like i posted above list what it is you need help with and people can chime in,if its something i can help you with and you dont mind driving to El Sobrante I will offer you my help.Isnt the reason why we join forums/clubs is to help out fellow ''mustang'' enthusiasts out....
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

fa sho man i appreciate that...well check it out, i did my 5 lug conversion and pput my 95 gt rear end...i got a 95 gt master cylinder and booster, with the adjustabe p/v, and gutted the old one out....i tried bleeding my brakes but now the stock pv is leakin....i took out the screw that has a lil plastic thing in the midde and welded it...but it leaks from around the threads....

also my friend did my motor....but cant get it to idle right.... it may be because i dont have any vaccums, but ii also dont have asmog pump....its a stock 302, e 303, trick flow upper and lower track heat, stock 19lb injectors, and underdrive pulleys....we timed itbut we cant keep the car idle uness we keep it at 2500....kinda sux....when i first bought the car it was an 85 that theprevious owner converted to mass air....

phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
fa sho man i appreciate that...well check it out, i did my 5 lug conversion and pput my 95 gt rear end...i got a 95 gt master cylinder and booster, with the adjustabe p/v, and gutted the old one out....i tried bleeding my brakes but now the stock pv is leakin....i took out the screw that has a lil plastic thing in the midde and welded it...but it leaks from around the threads....

also my friend did my motor....but cant get it to idle right.... it may be because i dont have any vaccums, but ii also dont have asmog pump....its a stock 302, e 303, trick flow upper and lower track heat, stock 19lb injectors, and underdrive pulleys....we timed itbut we cant keep the car idle uness we keep it at 2500....kinda sux....when i first bought the car it was an 85 that theprevious owner converted to mass air....

the pv sounds like the o-ring inside failed you or damaged threads.I would try plumbers tape first and tighten it tight or you can find a used pv and try again,Was it leaking before you gutted it?

Stupid question,are you removing the spout when you set the timing? and what do you mean by no vacuum?

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

my car has no vaccums whatsoever....
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
my car has no vaccums whatsoever....

im confused you deleted the vacuum lines??
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

yea , when i bought the car it already had the vacuums deleted,,,
BruhBrahBrad
¯
Member # 9497

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BruhBrahBrad  Ford pictures for BruhBrahBrad  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wtf.
85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

thats whut i said...so i dont noe wtf to do....i know im going to need vacuums to make it idle right, so whut do i do????
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
thats whut i said...so i dont noe wtf to do....i know im going to need vacuums to make it idle right, so whut do i do????

I deleted my vacuum lines on my car but im not running no smog,cruise control,heater. I had to only 2 vacuum lines... 1 running to the fpr and 1 to the brake booster and capped everything else...

what is connected to the fpr and brake booster now?

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

i belive from the brake booster one is going to the manifold and the fpr im not sure
phonso302
¯
Member # 9260

quote:
i belive from the brake booster one is going to the manifold and the fpr im not sure

thats how I have mine set up,from the manifold to the brake booster and manifold to the fpr...

have you tried setting the timing with the spout out?

85CHP510
¯
Member # 9690

i dotn think i hav....someone told me that it could be something with the computer andthe harness i have....because when we plug in the obd scanner it reads as it the computer aint there...it sends no signal.....could it be i have mismatched harnes sand computer?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com