Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » arcing problem 95 cobra

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: arcing problem 95 cobra
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On the left sde second cylnder back the plug wire is arcing on the egr tube that goes to the header. what will cause this, the wire beng too close?

Should i replace the plug wire? I have MSD wires with msd pro billet distributor and box.

--------------------
1990 GT hatch (owned since 05')
1988 GT (sold)
1995 SN95 Cobra (totaled/parted)
1995 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am LT1 (daily driver)

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well the resistance from the wire to the egr tube is less than that of going to the spark plug and sparking there, I'd pull the plug and check it out, then make sure the plug wire is fully seating on the plug and the dist. cap.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 925GT50  Ford pictures for 925GT50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
well the resistance from the wire to the egr tube is less than that of going to the spark plug and sparking there, I'd pull the plug and check it out, then make sure the plug wire is fully seating on the plug and the dist. cap.

ok ill check that out. thanks for the help

--------------------
1988 GT (sold)

925GT50
¯
Member # 2683

I pulled the plug wire and it the boot was melted from the tube. Would the arc cause the motor to miss? Anyone know where they sell single MSD plug wires?

--------------------
1988 GT (sold)

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yea one wire will cause ur car to run rough feels like it has no power?? i dont think ull find a single wire might have to buy a whole set again but u never know
Adam5.0
¯
Member # 6995

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Adam5.0  Ford pictures for Adam5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
msd sells replacment boots. monument can order them like $20

[ June 13, 2010, 02:29 PM: Message edited by: Adam5.0 ]

--------------------
want something old and japanese

Posts: 1609 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2006  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com