Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ls1 swap

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: ls1 swap
abgtsvt
Member # 9820

Ford Icon 11 posted      Profile for abgtsvt  Ford pictures for abgtsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have an 89 gt and i hav decided that i want to do the ls motor swap... i heard that in order to do this i have to order a new k member. is this true ? if so what is a good company to get this from ? and if not then what do i do and what company should i buy the parts from ?
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
your not gonna get very good feedback from this site about ls swaps..some will chime in but be prepared for rude replys..lol goodluck wit the swap i actually think there dope..but i wouldnt do one myself

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fuk that lots slower (LS) motor, first on race day (FORD). Too much money too try to b different. Plus fords sound better!

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
rmadison007
¯
Member # 8670

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmadison007  Ford pictures for rmadison007    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1. AJE kmember or any modular Kmember if your good at making your own engine mounts...
2. Thunderbird Turbo coupe pedals if you plan to use a t56 with hydraulics...the GTO T56 one seems to work the best for fitment
3. Stand alone harness and computer
4. Can use the radiator and fan setup from fbody
5. Custom Driveshaft
6. New electric Speedometer
7. Custom Kooks headers or LS1 flanges and 351 BBK headers.
You should go to Corral or ls1tech there are plenty of threads detailing everything needed to do the conversion.

[ April 21, 2010, 02:59 PM: Message edited by: rmadison007 ]

turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The newer AJE k members accept any engine, its just the engine plates that are different. The K member itself uses a spool mount so no biggie.

I speak from first hand in saying that if you do try to make your own mounts and use your existing or modular k member make sure you dont try to use an iron truck block. The alum GTO and other alum blocks have a third boss that enables you to add a small tab onto a solid or factory modular motor mount, both sides.

I was gonna try this setup first with my d&d k NON SWAP k member but ran into this issue and sold the shit off and bought AJE.

I would go with the upgraded moly and tigged k member if I had it to do over.

Headers will be a custom deal but I think they will soon make a swap header IMHO if not already I kinda fell off since I got offerend insane money for the whole car/ls/turbo project before it was ever even finished.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
theres a couple people on this board that did it. Maybe someone will chime in with his name, i cannot think of it for the life of me. He had the white notch and the orange ss camaro. I think he works at a shop.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

89 306
¯
Member # 9042

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 89 306  Ford pictures for 89 306    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ur talkin about eastoaklandss. Guys name is shuan he did this swap
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
theres a couple people on this board that did it. Maybe someone will chime in with his name, i cannot think of it for the life of me. He had the white notch and the orange ss camaro. I think he works at a shop.

--------------------
02 mustang gt...mods soon to come!

89 lx: 306. edelbrock. heads..ported gt 40 manifolds..and all that other good stuff.

------------------
The ant-ghetto sign is no joke. Degrade this forum with ghetto behavior and get the boot. Ghetto behavior such as street slang, no regard for education (spelling & grammar) and threatening others with violence has no place on CAFords.com. Please find another forum to demonstrate such behavior.

94 fobra
¯
Member # 8867

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94 fobra  Ford pictures for 94 fobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
not going to fall for this one again

[ April 22, 2010, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Big block 66 f100 ]

--------------------
Im done with this ford vs chevy fight with "cafords" members. Aka big block 66 f100 but she's no longer:(

abgtsvt
Member # 9820

Ford Icon 8 posted      Profile for abgtsvt  Ford pictures for abgtsvt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanx to the helpful ppl and as for the haters, as much as i love fords and the way they sound the ls motor is faster and easier to build power on than my 93 cobra motor so ima do the swap and as far is different goes i dont c an ls swap everyday in a mustang but i do c a modded mustang every single day... so ima b fast with a different set up. so all the haters keep hating, u will b mad wen u lose
phil a
¯
Member # 6951

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phil a  Ford pictures for phil a    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Think that was 2stangs69-91 who did the swap...PM him for good info
Posts: 1261 | From: toledo oh | Registered: Jul 2006  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by abgtsvt:
thanx to the helpful ppl and as for the haters, as much as i love fords and the way they sound the ls motor is faster and easier to build power on than my 93 cobra motor so ima do the swap and as far is different goes i dont c an ls swap everyday in a mustang but i do c a modded mustang every single day... so ima b fast with a different set up. so all the haters keep hating, u will b mad wen u lose

Lol well put.... im not a hater jus an asshole towards chevs, one day imma put a ford in a chev jus to spite the whole chev n a ford thing, and b different also and be faster with an easily modded pos ford block lol [Razz]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
warhorse58gt
¯
Member # 7702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for warhorse58gt  Ford pictures for warhorse58gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by abgtsvt:

2 things wrong with your statement.. 1 it is not cheaper to ls1 swap over building a ford! 2nd you don't love fords, or you wounldn't even think about making it a halfbreed!
your going to be butt hurt when you get your halfbreed broken off by a little 331.. then to top it off you lose #7 cyl to oiling issues! but i'll keep on hating! cause i bleed ford blue! [patriot]

good luck on your build.. [Frown]

[ April 22, 2010, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: warhorse58gt ]

--------------------
WOLFPACK RACING

With guns, we are 'citizens'. Without them, we are 'subjects'.

83gt 354ci sbf 9.40 @ 143
77 cobra 2 171ci 97hp of pure fury!

FoX GT
¯
Member # 4587

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FoX GT  Ford pictures for FoX GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:

yep, it's 2stangs69-91 that has done countless LS1 swaps in his own mustangs as well as customers. He's been doing it since the LS motors have been around! Send him a PM here:

-

--------------------
- AED -
03 Cobra 10th anni 3.4 Whipple 9.47@141
2012 Mustang GT 10.98@125
2015 Mustang GT

Bring what you got and hope its enough!

Mr.Lucky
CAFords OG
Member # 1772

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr.Lucky  Ford pictures for Mr.Lucky    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FoX GT:
quote:
Originally posted by phil a:
quote:

yep, it's 2stangs69-91 that has done countless LS1 swaps in his own mustangs as well as customers. He's been doing it since the LS motors have been around! Send him a PM here:

-

Lmfao that's fucked up guys! And did I read this correctly? You're intending to do this to a 93 cobra?!?

--------------------
95GT: Bolt ons.
Good sellers/buyers: Stangs R Us, 1SicGt, sn4bwc, racsirx, WickedStang, Autumnstang97, cali95gt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com