Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Need engine rebuilt

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Need engine rebuilt
4_Bangin_Stang
¯
Member # 7432

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4_Bangin_Stang  Ford pictures for 4_Bangin_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I was thinking or rebuilding my stock 93 5.0 motor and maybe getting it bored over to a 306. Anybody know of a decent priced reputable shop or person to take it to??
Posts: 97 | From: San Leandro | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You budget will completely determine who you go with. Also, figure out what you want done to it and add 20%, that's a good starting point. There are numerous businesses as well as people here willing to help.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
HaulinAss Motorsports
Its a STREETRaceCar!
Member # 541

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for HaulinAss Motorsports  Ford pictures for HaulinAss Motorsports    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 4_Bangin_Stang:
So I was thinking or rebuilding my stock 93 5.0 motor and maybe getting it bored over to a 306. Anybody know of a decent priced reputable shop or person to take it to??

Does it NEED a rebuild? You can make plenty of power with a stock shortblock with every bolt on you can think of. Your going to spend useless money going to a 306 the power gains are nominal.
Posts: 22487 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com