Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 130 alternator

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 130 alternator
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so i tried searching on here but noluck, dont the 94-98 stangs come factory with a 130 amp alternator. since im goin to do the taurus fan swap il need to swap that out also. just wanted to see what was involved with the swap or if there was anything to watch out for

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
----------------------------
90 gt nothin special, just your average bolt ons...OUT TO PASTURE
69 fastback project car

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ty  Ford pictures for Ty  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
forgot to ask if a 95 alt. would be compatible with my underdrive pullies, and also if the stock belt would work

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Jdub07
( O Y O )
Member # 2728

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jdub07  Ford pictures for Jdub07    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Paperformance has the wire kit.

I'd strongly advise getting the wire kit and not hacking up your car. Comes with the 200 amp inline fuse.

Ty
¯
Member # 4920

il check it out, from what i saw there was only one wire that needed to be cut and slpiced

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got the parts i needed from a guy on this website, from stockton or something u can look at how mine is done if u like
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
youll need 3 ele conecters and a grinder that eats aluminum very simple great upgrade everthing cross's over no money needed for a greater alt and dont trip off that crappy alt wiring it has a built in fusable link, hack away, now if u go bigger in voltage than that stock 130 than upgade the wiring.
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

travis, is that one that white hatch that you drive now, if it is il have to stop by and check it out

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

1FAST89GT
¯
Member # 5071

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1FAST89GT  Ford pictures for 1FAST89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Ty:
travis, is that one that white hatch that you drive now, if it is il have to stop by and check it out

no its the multi colored gt like yours its at my house if u want hit me up and u can come by whenever
Ty
¯
Member # 4920

haha, im supposed to be the only one rockin a multi colored gt, but yea il hit you up and come check it out

--------------------
DRIVE FAST TAKE CHANCES
69 fastback project car

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com