Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » is this overheating? 233 before t-stat & 240 after T-stat?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: is this overheating? 233 before t-stat & 240 after T-stat?
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
is this overheating? 233 before t-stat & 240 after T-stat?

--------------------
just trying to fight the SN-95 demons

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Posts: 830 | From: Sacramento | Registered: May 2008  |  :
*Als50*
¯
Member # 6003

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for *Als50*  Ford pictures for *Als50*    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes. [Big Grin]

--------------------
'00XlRangerSlammed-'91Gt347Turbo-'93CalypsoSCFaleen
FOXLIVESMATTER

----------------
*BlackGunsMatter*

Posts: 1897 | From: La Bahia... | Registered: Sep 2005  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yes i do beleive that sounds so high mine never goes over 190, 200 would make me trip
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennebellgt  Ford pictures for kennebellgt    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok because I've been over heating lately, I replaced the water pump, t-Stat, temp sensor, I flush my block, i flushed the radiator, My fan takes awhile to turn on but the chiltons book says the computer doesn't turn the fan on until 221 Degrees F, I checked the voltage at the harness where it plugs into the fan and i get 14v also the fan is supposed to turn on high if my a/c is on and it doesn't turn on at all when i do turn the a/c on, my fan comes on around the same time it starts to overheat, this car is really starting to piss me off [Mad]

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

ALSO,
The heater doesn't work, it doesn't blow out hot air out when it overheats, i flushed water through the heater core hoses and the water came out smoothly, there is nothing in my oil and nothing in the radiator water.

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:
ALSO,
The heater doesn't work, it doesn't blow out hot air out when it overheats, i flushed water through the heater core hoses and the water came out smoothly, there is nothing in my oil and nothing in the radiator water.

Is the stock restrictor still in the larger hose and are they on correctly? Also, is your blend working as it should?
As for the fan not coming on, sounds like your CCRM is dead. Check for power and ground at the box first and make sure all connectors are as they should be. There is a fuseable link for this box as well.

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Jaejae5.0
¯
Member # 7958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jaejae5.0  Ford pictures for Jaejae5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you sure you didnt blow a headgasket yet?

--------------------
1987 notchback h/c/i 302 & 70mm turbo SOLD

2000 camaro ss cam only

Posts: 4890 | From: the combustion chamber | Registered: Oct 2007  |  :
kennebellgt
¯
Member # 8395

quote:
Originally posted by JohnB:
quote:
Originally posted by kennebellgt:
ALSO,

Is the stock restrictor still in the larger hose and are they on correctly? Also, is your blend working as it should?
As for the fan not coming on, sounds like your CCRM is dead. Check for power and ground at the box first and make sure all connectors are as they should be. There is a fuseable link for this box as well.

Forgot to mention, I just changed the ccrm yesterday and it didnt help, Where is this fuseable link? and blend? and the restrictor? Thanks

and i just changed my head gasket about 2-3 months ago.

[ August 29, 2009, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: kennebellgt ]

--------------------

PS3 NAME- kennebellgt

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com