Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Blow thru carb

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Blow thru carb
SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone on here running a turbo or charger with a carb setup... Just want to know how you guys are tuning ( o2 sensor) and how often... Basically I want to know how hard it is to dial in this type of set up and maintain it. [patriot]

( this would be for a 302 in a 67 mustang)

--------------------
Originally posted by turbo50:
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

2BlueGeeTees
¯
Member # 4702

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2BlueGeeTees  Ford pictures for 2BlueGeeTees    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have no input on this matter but these setups look badass but I have a number to a guy in Fairfield that would be able to answer these questions if you want the number to the shop pm me.
Posts: 2316 | From: Vacaville | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Try www.corral.net

People all over the country post there and I bet someone has an answer about your questions for suuuuuurrrrreee [patriot]

Posts: 5364 | From: Shooting Skeet | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dont even bother going to the corral, they dont really mess with blow thru stuff. im running a paxton w/ a blow thru carb on my 68 and ive done all the tunning myself. Im pretty sure i have a few hidden ponys hiding, but for the most part its been pretty a dependable setup

if you want to learn everything about blow thru got to http://www.theturboforums.com/smf/index.php

The key to a good carb is gettin one built.
At that website they have a pretty good break down on how to built a blow thru carb, but i wouldnt suggest it unless ur running low boost

here is my setup..

-

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

Posts: 3990 | From: neverland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  :
90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90FoX  Ford pictures for 90FoX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats a blow thru carb? A carb that you use with a turbo or blower? [Confused]
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 68dustin  Ford pictures for 68dustin    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
a blow thru carb is a carb that can be pressurized without leaking fuel & boost all over the place. Most of them have tapped into the front fuel bowl and rear bowls to keep the pressure even between the two bowls. They also have alot of work done to the metering blocks, so it will not run lean when the extra gas is needed. Most of them have removable air bleeds as well to help with fine tunning. Check this site out and it will help you learn the basics on how to build a home made blow thru carb

http://www.hangar18fabrication.com/blowthru.html

[ August 26, 2009, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: 68dustin ]

--------------------
"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction that I can keep, and if I do begin to slide, please dear God protect me and my ride!"

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

Sweet thanks. Ill book mark that page. I need to learn the basics about regular carbs first haha....Gotta start somewhere... [patriot]
70mach351
¯
Member # 7528

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70mach351  Ford pictures for 70mach351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im sorta running one, i have it all there, but need to swap valve springs before i put the piping in. and fix a water pump leak.

--------------------
70 Mach 1 gettin a make over
2001 Ford F250 Crew Cab 7.3

Wolfie351
¯
Member # 651

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wolfie351  Ford pictures for Wolfie351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They can be difficult to tune, but I think I'd rather have a carb enclosure than deal with blow thru carbs

-

--------------------
1985 Mustang GT: 351W, Griggs, Baer, etc etc

Posts: 1214 | From: South Bay | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
turbo50
¯
Member # 6700

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for turbo50  Ford pictures for turbo50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any carb can be difficult to tune but once you get it right, its right.

There is a blow thru 306 single turbo car on turboforums that is making 1077 to the tire with a blow thru and is streetable.

--------------------
.........when was the last time YOU built something with YOUR own hands?

I offer quality sidework at reasonable prices. PM ME

Posts: 7606 | From: Discovery Bay, California | Registered: Apr 2006  |  :
68dustin
CAFords OG
Member # 5388

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie351:
They can be difficult to tune, but I think I'd rather have a carb enclosure than deal with blow thru carbs

-

Those are a pain to keep sealed up. Ive also read that they are not good for making alot of boost.

--------------------

90FoX
FoX
Member # 1974

quote:

There is a blow thru 306 single turbo car on turboforums that is making 1077 to the tire with a blow thru and is streetable.

1077 to the wheels?? [Eek!] [worship] How do you even drive that shit? I couldn't imagine being able to break traction in 4th...Now that's scary [dance]
SSF 50
¯
Member # 7219

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSF 50  Ford pictures for SSF 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 90FoX:
quote:

1077 to the wheels?? [Eek!] [worship] How do you even drive that shit? I couldn't imagine being able to break traction in 4th...Now that's scary [dance]
not scary but FUN!!

--------------------
Never Ending List of 50z!!

"BAY AREA STUNNAZ"
Dude that 5.0 is not a 5.0 no way bro. It has to have a diff motor.

SLOWBACK 67
¯
Member # 6348

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWBACK 67  Ford pictures for SLOWBACK 67    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for all the input guys [patriot] I would like to do a single turbo in my 67 in a year or two....just planing and trying to do the pros and cons..... I can't tune a carb to good so I just wanted to know how hard and how often I would need to tune the carb.

If I go through with it I'll post up pics of all the fab work

--------------------
I have no intenions of keeping anyones parts or taking anyones money.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com