Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 95 booster in a fox help

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 95 booster in a fox help
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anybody do it do i just have to elongate the bottom holes anybody do this personally so i can have correct info?im runnin 95 booster an master in a fox or tryin too.
92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I did it when I installed my Cobra booster. I just elongated the top left hole and bit, fit the booster, and then kept repeating until it went in.

I have heard some people say they tried this and still needed to beat the shit out of the shock tower. I did not have to do this in my '92. It went in "way" easier than I thought. I have also heard that they dimpled the shock tower after '91 to accomidate the bigger booster. Dunno about this though.

The only other thing is to get all the wiring and shit out of the way and install the booster w/o the m/c on it.

Good luck [patriot]

Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
JohnB
Tech Moderator
Member # 969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JohnB  Ford pictures for JohnB    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yes, it's WAY easy on late 91's and later due to the change in the shock tower. Before that, hope you got a BFH...

--------------------
1965 Shelby Cobra
1993 Cobra
2012 F150 Raptor
2020 GT500

Posts: 6523 | From: Orlando FL/Redding CA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  :
Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i got just had to make a template then compare to the new booster damn close fit betwwen motor an shock tower , but no beaten.i should have used a cobra master i just read a artical that there the same vac spec as a 95 but direct bolt in! oh well its done now thanks again.
vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
yeah, BFH!

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You should not need a hammer.

It just takes time and patience. There is a lot of debate on whoch holes need to be elongated. I actually enlarged all 4 slightly.

Hey, man, are you still interested in these antimoans? Give me a ring if you want to pick them up.

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com