Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » MSD for the 67

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MSD for the 67
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gettin the msd distributor, box and wires for the 67. easy install right??? and should i get the ready to run distrib. or the reg one n get it tuned? if the later of the two who around sj should i have tune it or should we just do that too? thanks

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Posts: 1945 | From: san jose ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  :
NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Whats the specs on your 67's motor?

--------------------
Bring It . . .

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04cobra408  Ford pictures for 04cobra408    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
edelbrock rpm performer cam if i remember right edel 600 4bb carb edel intake manifold headers flows tured down, was rebuillt a couple yrs ago. stock heads. couldnt give you spec to the t , but thats basiclly it.

[ October 19, 2005, 11:39 PM: Message edited by: mr mach ef ]

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

NO MANRZ
¯
Member # 566

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NO MANRZ  Ford pictures for NO MANRZ    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't know carbs that well, but your setup sounds basic enough that setting the advance on the distributor yourself shouldn't be that hard. Buy the cheaper one and put the savings towards some good heads.
04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

yeah thats what i was thinkin. gettin the heads not a big issue, the car has been perfect with no probs as it is,unless i get the heads as a gift from fam members i prob woont do the heads for a while at least , got the cobra for all the speed and power but sounds good , thanks man.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

04cobra408
¯
Member # 4025

but if i did start lookng at heads what would everyones picks be?? non expensive not looking for hardcore hp or perf.

--------------------
Willie Guzman
RIP lil brother
11-23-12

Juan Moya
"The King Cobra"
11/16/81 - 8/20/05

Spanky McSpankerton
Member # 6118

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Spanky McSpankerton  Ford pictures for Spanky McSpankerton    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any of the GT40 series heads should do just fine. You may have enough to do a port'n'polish if you find a good set of P's off of a explorer. If not, go for the Y's. I have had a few friends with em and their cars moved decent.
Posts: 7 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  :
G.O.P 351
¯
Member # 6121

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for G.O.P 351  Ford pictures for G.O.P 351    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
do the ready to run distributor use vacuum advance? if it does, i would not get it.

just get an msd distributor, make sure it has the correct gear for your cam, and buy an msd box.

--------------------
Who knows KingTom's Backroads?

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com