Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » sensors on t5

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: sensors on t5
An86TexasStang
¯
Member # 5806

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for An86TexasStang  Ford pictures for An86TexasStang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently took out my old T5 out of my 86 mustang and there were three sensors two on top out the tranny and one on the side, the tranny I replaced it with had no sensors on top and one on the side. Does anybody know what those sensors are for? I hooked up the one on the side which I belive is the backup reverse light, can anybody assist me on this topic. I have noticed since I only hooked up one sensor that the car is having idiling issues.
Posts: 323 | From: Vandenberg Air Force Base,CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there should be 3 sensors, the speedo gear and reverse are on the drivers side. then the sensor on top i dont know what it is for since 94/95 t-5's do not have it.

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

SF Coupe
¯
Member # 1810

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SF Coupe  Ford pictures for SF Coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had the same problem when I swithced out my T5 for a new one. I believe the sensor on top is the neutral safety switch. Obviously I left mine unplugged since there was no where to plug it into. It caused no problems with my car except that I had to push in the clutch to run an engine code scan.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com