Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Fuel pump problems

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Fuel pump problems
hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i took my car to the auto shop and they told me that my fuel pump had died out so i dropped the tank, pulled the old pump and reinstalled a walbro 190 lph pump and went to test it out before i bolted the tank back up and its not making any noise like its trying to pump at all. Any suggestions on what mite be still wrong or what i can do to fix it? thanks guys.

--------------------
91 GT

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there's a fuel pump inertia switch in the trunk on the drivers side by the taillight bumps, push that.

otherwise the fuel pump gets turned on by the fuel pump relay (under your drivers seat) and by the eec and eec relay (passenger kick panel)

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go buy a cheap electrical test light and see if u even have power at the pump

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hockeyguy713  Ford pictures for hockeyguy713    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that inertia button seems to be stuck in the downward position. i tried lightly to pry it upward but it drops strait back down. any suggestions?

--------------------
91 GT

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

i'm trying to get this thing workin asap so any feedback you guys give is much appreciated.

--------------------
91 GT

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
nit the interia box with your fist and it should pop up [Big Grin]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

Wasnt sure if you were serious about actually hitting it.

--------------------
91 GT

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the button is depressed that means its not stopping your fuel pump from running.

hitting it with your fist will trip it just like getting into an accident, its not called an inertia switch to be funny, it turns the fuel pump off in an accident so the car doesn't blow up

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
hockeyguy713
¯
Member # 5354

i unplugged the relay and plugged it back in and that seemed to fix the problem. thanks guys

--------------------
91 GT

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com