Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » HOw to take off Tie Rod Ends...ASAP. PLS

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: HOw to take off Tie Rod Ends...ASAP. PLS
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
OK. WELL IM OVER HERE IN BAKERS FIELD AS SOME OF YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT HAPPENED(BALLJOINT) sO IM INSTALLING FMS CONTROL ARMS AND NEW MOOG TIE ROD ENDS. I gOT A FEW QUESTIONS.
HOW DO I TAKE THE TIE ROD ENDS?(THE RIGHT WAY?lol)I WAS THINKING VISESCRIPS ON ONE SIDE AND MY OTHER HAND A 20 MILL WRENCH? PLS LET ME KNOW IF THERES A SPECIAL TOOL SO I CAN GO RIGHT NOW AND BUY IT.
I ALREADY INSTALLED ONE OF THE FMS PASSENGER CONTROL ARMS. WASNT REALLY A HASSLE [patriot] (THANKS 87LUKEGT) NOW IM JUST SCARED WITH THE SPRINGS [Frown] HOPE I CAN LINE THEM UP RIGHT WHEN THERE COMPRESSING BACK IN. PLS LET ME KNOW GUYS . EDDIE [patriot] THE MORE HELP I GET THE FASTER ILL HAVE THEM IN BY TODAY.

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ttt [Frown] john b? haullin?anybody [Frown]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holding the tie rod end with a wrench, loosen the tie rod jam nut. grip the tie rod end with pliers and remove the assambly from the tie rod. but first note the depth to which the tie rod was located by using the jam nut. this will help keep the toe for the alignment. but it is ok to use pliers. its even says to in a repair manual. best of luck to ya

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

thanks man. any advise is koo. so use visescrips right. thats what im going to go by them right now. i lose so much shit. do you remember that size bolt is? eddie

--------------------

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have the tie rod seperated from the spindle yet?...And if you're trying to take off the outer tie rod off the adjuster make sure you're loosening it and not tightenting it....

Good luck...

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com