Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » putting my front springs back into 94gt...have a question......

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: putting my front springs back into 94gt...have a question......
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what is that tool you need to put your front springs back in?? im going to install new front control arms and need help on putting the springs back in. i think there ebach springs. let me know guys. thanks eddie [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Eddie...

No stinkin tool needed. Look at my site.
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/springs.html

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eddie510-  Ford pictures for Eddie510-    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hey luke, wouldnt a spring compresser be easier?i was reading on your website and i got kinda confused. so this is what im thinking you did.
you put the spring in the a-arm and put a jack under the a-arm and rasied it up and then installed everything and lower the jack? is it somthing like that or am i way off. eddie [patriot]

--------------------
"I like to be more politicaly correct than what I really believe so I can get more frinds here on CaFords"-Cummings "TIPICKLE"

Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

is this the right one on here?  - auto zone loan a tool program

[ July 10, 2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Eddie510 ]

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the easiest one, in my opinion, is the tool thats 2 pieces that go on each side of the spring. I know autozone rents them.

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 94gt:
the easiest one, in my opinion, is the tool thats 2 pieces that go on each side of the spring. I know autozone rents them.

I bought one of that style compressor and it didn't work right, the one eddie linked above is the correct style referenced in the ford shop manual.

in order to use the other style I had to compress the spring with them outside the car, then put a couple hose clamps on the side that would face the engine side when the spring was installed, remove the compressors and throw it in then compress the control arm with a floorjack and undo the hose clamps.

I would much rather use that correct style tool from autozone [Frown]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

so its pretty easy right?? lol . i hope so. becuase the cars in mcfarland and i have to do it by my self. dont know know body out there. do you know how to work this tool? let me know so i can atleast have a lil knowledge about it. you tightnen both upper and lower bolts on the tool?

--------------------

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
there's only a lower bolt to worry about.

throw the clamps onto the spring somewhat in the middle of the spring, then put the threaded rod up through the bottom of the control arm and as you tighten it the spring will compress

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

that sounds hella dangerous [Frown] lol. thanks blind [Whoo Whooooo!] imma take a try on it

--------------------

94gt
¯
Member # 3060

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 94gt  Ford pictures for 94gt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm, it worked fine for me?

--------------------
2020 Explorer ST
2011 Silver Raptor 'Screw

Posts: 5777 | From: Beavercreek, OH | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
Eddie...

No stinkin tool needed. Look at my site.
http://www.mustangmotorsport.com/springs.html

I agree....If you are installing Eibach's (which is a lowering spring) you REALLY don't need any spring compressor what-so-ever!....If you are installing stock height springs then you can still get them in without a spring compressor, but it requires a major amount of mucsle...So, unless you're installing stock height springs don't even bother with a spring compressor....

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :
Eddie510-
CAFords OG
Member # 2354

thanks guys! thanks blackngold.

--------------------

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com