Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » wet or dry?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: wet or dry?
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pros-cons?

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if u are talking about nitrous, i think wet is the best and safest for the 2v's, i'm very happy with my kit and yes is a wet kit, plus u get more hp from a wet kit than a dry kit.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
NO2 is avaliable in 3 setups:

Dry only feeds nitrous into the intake. Pro- Cheap to setup, Con- Harder to tune

Wet is a system which mixes nitrous and fuel, and feeds it thru the intake.

Direct Port : A stand alone injector is added to spray the NO2 into the block.
Pro- Most power, Con-Lots of $$$

[ July 08, 2005, 12:31 PM: Message edited by: 03SHKER ]

--------------------
chris@apexmotorsports.com
2555 Lafayette Blvd. Suite #122
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 03SHKER:
Direct Port : A stand alone injector is added to spray the NO2 into the block.
Pro- Most power, Con-Lots of $$$

umm [Confused] wtf are you talking about, it is still either a wet or dry nozzle for each cylinder, just a different delivery system

most direct port kits are wet, i cant think of an off the shelf direct port dry kit

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hail the nitrous king [worship]

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SHKER  Ford pictures for 03SHKER    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Perhaps my wording is wrong. I was referring to something like this:
http://www.lmperformance.com/3663/50.html
NOS NItrous Direct Port EFI

New "NOSzleTM" Direct Port E.F.I. Adds Up To 300 Horses!* The New NOSzleTM systems represent the most sophisticated, patented advance in nitrous oxide technology in years. The new NOS NOSzleTM Direct Port EFI systems allow precise fuel/ nitrous distribution without the chance of fuel puddling, and huge horsepower gains with no intake manifold modifications or hard line routing required. The key to this system is in the delivery NOSzleTM itself. The NOSzleTM is a 3-piece billet aluminum unit which is precision machined to channel additional fuel and nitrous while housing your existing fuel injector. This method of distributing fuel and nitrous takes the danger out of single-nozzle fogger systems and the hassle out of traditional direct port fogger kits. For a high performance EFI motor, The NOSzleTM is perfect in form and function.

[ July 08, 2005, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: 03SHKER ]

--------------------
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wet, and go with NX!!! [patriot]

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

66 AC COBRA
Nitrous King
Member # 904

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 AC COBRA  Ford pictures for 66 AC COBRA    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

New "NOSzleTM" Direct Port E.F.I. Adds Up To 300 Horses!* The New NOSzleTM systems represent the most sophisticated, patented advance in nitrous oxide technology in years. The new NOS NOSzleTM Direct Port EFI systems allow precise fuel/ nitrous distribution without the chance of fuel puddling, and huge horsepower gains with no intake manifold modifications or hard line routing required. The key to this system is in the delivery NOSzleTM itself. The NOSzleTM is a 3-piece billet aluminum unit which is precision machined to channel additional fuel and nitrous while housing your existing fuel injector. This method of distributing fuel and nitrous takes the danger out of single-nozzle fogger systems and the hassle out of traditional direct port fogger kits. For a high performance EFI motor, The NOSzleTM is perfect in form and function.

yeah thats kind of what i thought you were picturing

that system works by sandwhiching a nitrous nozzle between the injector and the manifold bung, it is just like a regular directport kit
like the one below
but it uses a more user friendly nozzle that doesnt require drilling and tapping of the intake, it is still ment to be a wet kit adding nitrous and fuel thorugh the nozzle's

-

--------------------
FFR AC Cobra
72 Vega - WCHRA Extreme 10.5

Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
dry kit, wet kit, what about the damp kit?

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

Jeff S
¯
Member # 371

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jeff S  Ford pictures for Jeff S  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
On EFI applications spraying before the intake manifold you should use a dry kit. Wet is even better but ONLY if you are using a plate or direct port setup.

--------------------
'90 Mustang LX: 8.53 @ 157.92 w/ 1.33 60' on DR's
'10 ZR1: FOR SALE
'14 E63 S: RENNtech ECU
'04 Gallardo: UGR TTG

Posts: 2121 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
LuvMy04GT
¯
Member # 4791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuvMy04GT  Ford pictures for LuvMy04GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm i leaning towards wet but still not sure. someone convince me more! [Razz]

--------------------
who

Posts: 369 | From: Milpitas, CA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  :
9Roush8
¯
Member # 2472

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9Roush8  Ford pictures for 9Roush8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i'd say get nx's new plate kit.... almost a direct port but better than regular. Im ordering one as we speak [Whoo Whooooo!]

--------------------
2001 SVT Lightning
Belltech 3/4, 22" rims, slotted rotors, magnaflow high flow mids, bassani catback, JLT CAI

losbadgts
¯
Member # 4394

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for losbadgts  Ford pictures for losbadgts    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well from what i was told the wet kit is the safest for our car's, and if upgrade the fuel pump and injectors and get a nice tune u will get more power from what ever shot u go with.

--------------------
Why pretent someone u are not, everyone else could see it.

Posts: 3625 | From: redwood city | Registered: Apr 2004  |  :
03SHKER
¯
Member # 1397

quote:
Originally posted by 66 AC COBRA:
quote:

yeah thats kind of what i thought you were picturing

that system works by sandwhiching a nitrous nozzle between the injector and the manifold bung, it is just like a regular directport kit
like the one below
but it uses a more user friendly nozzle that doesnt require drilling and tapping of the intake, it is still ment to be a wet kit adding nitrous and fuel thorugh the nozzle's

-

Ahhhhhhh. Thanks for the correction. [patriot]

--------------------
Santa Clara, CA 95050
408-588-0075

jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How much nitrous are you looking to run?

I say if its a 75 to 100 shot...go dry and you'll be real happy....

If its more than 125..go wet....No real need for a plate system on a stock motor.....can't really handle more than a 150 shot anyways...without some good tuning and a fuel system.

Do you really need a direct port?...unless you have a race car or a good serious street car...no need for the DP....

:
Motorhead6T5
¯
Member # 4969

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Motorhead6T5  Ford pictures for Motorhead6T5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff S:
On EFI applications spraying before the intake manifold you should use a dry kit. Wet is even better but ONLY if you are using a plate or direct port setup.

^^^^^^Listen to this guy [Razz]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com