Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » LED bulbs?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: LED bulbs?
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I recently blacked out my taillights by spraying them with a black/clearcoat mix, wetsanding, and spraying another coat of just clear, with no black. I have been told that I will need to use LED bulbs because they are brighter and will shine through the black. I have looked all over Google and eBay and I can't find anything. Does anyone know where I can pick some up, preferably for cheap. Thanks [patriot]

--------------------
88 Notch, Black interior, 5.0, T5, 3.55's, Flows, STB. Getting ready for paint.

Piecing together a wet kit; got most of it.

Posts: 224 | From: Healdsburg, CA 95448 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  :
wilit
Mustang Messiah
Member # 3367

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wilit  Ford pictures for wilit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Autozone carries them now.

--------------------
"If a man hasn't found something worth dying for, he isn't fit to live." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Posts: 4793 | From: 37.78514° North 122.40100° West | Registered: Oct 2003  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DSGNotch  Ford pictures for DSGNotch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I went to Kragen, and the guy there said that Sylvania, the kind of bulbs they have, doesn't make what I need. I'll check autozone. Thanks

--------------------

BCINGUU
¯
Member # 2397

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BCINGUU  Ford pictures for BCINGUU  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I tried to put Superbright LED bulbs in mine but they turned out to be super dim. You couldn't see the brake lights any more and they looked pink instead of red. And that was with clear lenses. So I took them off. A very disappointing experience.

--------------------
93 Cobra #4563 347ci 12.0@118 505rwhp 524tq
90 GT "Saleen Cobra" style convertible 347ci
67 GT "Eleanor" style coupe 347ci

Posts: 1425 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
post pictures of lights.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

quote:
Originally posted by menlo pony:
post pictures of lights.

you want me to post pictures of my lights, or were you talking to BCINGUU?

[ July 06, 2005, 14:01: Message edited by: MidnightNotchback ]

--------------------

menlo pony
still learnin'
Member # 4301

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for menlo pony  Ford pictures for menlo pony    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MidnightNotchback:
quote:
Originally posted by menlo pony:
post pictures of lights.

you want me to post pictures of my lights, or were you talking to BCINGUU?
I was talking about your sprayed taillights.
Posts: 776 | From: Santa Cruz y Menlo Park | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :
ArchersGT
¯
Member # 5177

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ArchersGT  Ford pictures for ArchersGT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Heres a pick of midnightnotchbacks lights. link

[ July 06, 2005, 18:23: Message edited by: archersgt ]

--------------------
86' LX Vert

DSGNotch
¯
Member # 5242

quote:
Originally posted by archersgt:
Heres a pick of midnightnotchbacks lights. link

Here's the picture resized.
 -

This is actually my old set, which archersgt's brother has now. I got his old ones and they are darker, and we are wetsanding the first 2 coats of black/clear, then putting a coat of clear on top of it all, and wetsanding that. It should look a lot better.

[ July 06, 2005, 19:27: Message edited by: MidnightNotchback ]

Migs
¯
Member # 5439

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Migs  Ford pictures for Migs  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
They came out nice good job [patriot]

--------------------
R.I.P SilverLX! You are missed bro.

Posts: 348 | From: Healdsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com