Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need to order some header gaskets

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need to order some header gaskets
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what brand and part number would you guys recommend? i have a '92 blown GT with JBA shortys and edelbrock aluminum 6037s. there is a loud and annoying exhaust leak from the passenger side. also who is the cheapest to order from?
thanks [patriot]

edit: i forgot to add that i also have a leak from the EGR gasket where the EGR attaches to the spacer, where can i find a new one?

[ June 28, 2005, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: getjobdone ]

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

Posts: 677 | From: east bay,ca | Registered: Jul 2004  |  :
jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
for the header gaskets..order from summit for everything:

PHP-66014 - percey aluminums..i have them...great gaskets....

ddepending on what size throttle body you have

edl - #3830 or 3831..comes with the egr gasket...

next day or two...lowest prices..cant beat it...be about $60 for both

:
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for getjobdone  Ford pictures for getjobdone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks a lot. i'm going to go ahead and send my order. i was also suggested to use copper gaskets? what difference over aluminum is copper; i would assume the copper to seal better?
thanks [patriot]

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
they both seal great...just remember that with copper you have to re-tighten the bolts a few times ...i had the good mr.gasket ones...they worked great but kind of a pain in the ass for the first few weeks...i have the pearcy's and tightened once so far and love them...they're thick as hell though and hard to stick in at first but once they're in right....nice and tight seal...still re-useable too
:
forced331
¯
Member # 1270

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for forced331  Ford pictures for forced331    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I use the Felpro PN#1415, with no problems with those same heads.

--------------------
1992 Ford Mustang LX (Original Owner)"Titanium Frost" 331stroker S-Trim, 5spd

2014 Ford Mustang GT- daily driver

Posts: 1154 | From: Sonoma County | Registered: May 2002  |  :
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

quote:
Originally posted by jordan0806:
they both seal great...just remember that with copper you have to re-tighten the bolts a few times ...i had the good mr.gasket ones...they worked great but kind of a pain in the ass for the first few weeks...i have the pearcy's and tightened once so far and love them...they're thick as hell though and hard to stick in at first but once they're in right....nice and tight seal...still re-useable too

thanks. i think i'll stick with the aluminum then. it's a real pain to get to the header bolts with all the damn smog equip. in the way.

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

jordan0806
unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by getjobdone:
quote:

thanks. i think i'll stick with the aluminum then. it's a real pain to get to the header bolts with all the damn smog equip. in the way.
good job...get er dun...you're going to like them....just not like putting them on...BTW...there is a flat side and "puffy" side....the flat side goes against the heads...just to let you know.....,
:
getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

thanks for all the help. any particular pattern i should tighten the bolts and torque preference?

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

jordan0806
unregistered

i usually got from the ouoter towards the middle...and tightening...well snug is fine but it all depends on what bolts you use

[ June 28, 2005, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: jordan0806 ]

:
CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

We sell these two items for about $50, we match or beat summit prices on most everything they carry.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

getjobdone
¯
Member # 4666

quote:
Originally posted by CDT:
quote:

We sell these two items for about $50, we match or beat summit prices on most everything they carry.
i wish i'd known that, then i would be changing those gaskets today instead of waiting for the UPS truck. [burnout]

--------------------
91 notch ^ blown h/c/i

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
well you can check with me next timee you need to order something..

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com