Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » stroker kit compaines (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: stroker kit compaines
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
what are good stroker kit companies?
i know of D.S.S. racing and Coast High Performance, but dont know of any other?im thinking of getting a D.S.S level 10 block. with a girdle and windage tray. i dont of which heads to use. any recommendations? they need to be somgable.
thanks for any input.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a CHP kit and well..its not that great...it really runs through oil, probe pistons arent the greatest...i would try and Scat / Eagle setup...A couple of my friends have those back east and their cars fly....DSS builds a nice kit...

the best thing to do is always build your own..

scat/ eagle crank and rods

CP or JE pistons....

clevite moly rings....something along those lines...may cost a little more but it will be more reliable and more powerful too

:
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for two-gun kid  Ford pictures for two-gun kid    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
im going to hopefully check out a 347 kit keith black hyperthetic pistons that its50's freind has.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

92stangLX
¯
Member # 3252

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92stangLX  Ford pictures for 92stangLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by two-gun kid:
im going to hopefully check out a 347 kit keith black hyperthetic pistons that its50's freind has.

I would get a kit that has forged pistons
Posts: 5302 | From: San Francisco | Registered: Sep 2003  |  :
jordan0806
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

do nto go cheap on pistons...hyperutetics suckass for anything over 350hP
:
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

im going to be ording the 347 stroker kit from d.s.s racing.

-

347 Pro-Lite Series Kits
includes: DSS Pro-Lite Series Pistons, Forged I-Beam rods, cast steel crankshaft, moly rings, tri-metal rod and main bearings.
347RK2000 Pro-Lite Pistons -3cc Flat Top/Inline $1095.95

what is the difference between the 3cc Flat Top/inline and the 3cc Flat Top/Twisted Wedge?

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

CDT
¯
Member # 5004

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDT  Ford pictures for CDT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
why not just by it from a machine shop and have them do the block too? You probably will get a better deal that way.

--------------------
Custom Dyno Tuning
Home of Flat Fee Tuning For All Cars, Trucks and SUV's, EFI & Carb, SCT, AFR, Dynatech, STS Turbos, N2O Refills

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by jordan0806:
quote:

do nto go cheap on pistons...hyperutetics suckass for anything over 350hP
[Roll Eyes] who told you that?
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine isnt a stroker but havent had any problems with my DSS 306 short block, you might as well go with forged pistons whats a couple hundred bucks when are goin to spending thousands? [patriot]

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

jaybquick
¯
Member # 4286

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for jaybquick  Ford pictures for jaybquick  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a Scat forged crank with forged Scat H-Beam rods and probe pistons. It has been awesome so far with 10k street miles and a lot of abuse. Dave's engine in Newark did the assembly.

--------------------
91 Mustang GT ET: 11.92@115
66 Mustang ET: 11.43@119
01 Audi S4 ET: 10.8@131
05 Audi S4 ET: 11.9@116
08 Audi S5 ET: 11.9@118

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

are the pistons in the 347 kit forged?

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

MustangNate
¯
Member # 4559

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MustangNate  Ford pictures for MustangNate    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.speedomotive.com Has a large selection of kits. My dad bought their 445ci stroker kit for the 390 in his 66 LTD. That thing flies. He's got about 6,000 miles on it with no problems.

--------------------
1989 Mustang LX Vert, 5.0 Auto

jordan0806
unregistered

quote:
347RK2000 Pro-Lite Pistons -3cc Flat Top/Inline $1095.95

what is the difference between the 3cc Flat Top/inline and the 3cc Flat Top/Twisted Wedge?

Twisted wedge means the pistons are flycut to clear the valves on a twisted wegde head....what kind of heads so you have?....order the inline if you don't have the TW heads.....
:
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

i might be buying alan's(vpr_klr) 306 motor--Probe Pistons, Scat rods, Scat crank, D.S.S. level 10 block, bearings and rings(clevite and speed pro), Harmonic blancer,

im on a budget now so what would be a good cam and heads that i should put on it if it do get it?
i need it to be smogable and it will be daily driven street car.
thanks for all opinions. [patriot]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

jordan0806
unregistered

quote:
i might be buying alan's(vpr_klr) 306 motor--Probe Pistons, Scat rods, Scat crank, D.S.S. level 10 block, bearings and rings(clevite and speed pro), Harmonic blancer,

im on a budget now so what would be a good cam and heads that i should put on it if it do get it?
i need it to be smogable and it will be daily driven street car.
thanks for all opinions. [patriot]

maybe a AFM B2 cam or a comp cams XE284R.....

heads....AFR 185's, or Canfields........

don't worry about smog...it'll pass with these as long as you have cats on....

:
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

would the tfs street heat intake be good?

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey Javier, for the street, I would use AFR 165's, and a Edelbrock/Pro products intake or a Holley or a Trickflow. The edelbrock performer package is nice also. If you buy trick flow heads, you need to buy some extra parts. For your car that needs to be smogged, I'd stick with the edelbrock stuff because you can get those heads and intake used all day on Corral.net for half the price new [patriot]

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

what model number heads and cam should i get? and the intake would be the preformer right, the performer rpm would be more for higher rpm range right?

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

i will be going with the 347 stroker kit, i will be ordering a d.s.s. racing level 10 block and the 347 Pro-Lite Series Kits, and im going to get a gridle,windage tray and 7 qt oil pan, for the heads and intake me and my friend will port them untill i can buy the intake and heads,

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

vpr_klr
¯
Member # 3353

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for vpr_klr  Ford pictures for vpr_klr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
even if you port the stock stuff, it will really choke the motor and won't run well. You should save your money and do it all at once. I would buy the heads first, worry about the motor after.

Call Probe for their 347e street fighter cam, emissions legal, and it is a pretty healthy cam.

--------------------
Project crustang has begun
14 mustangs and counting...

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

what edelbrock heads would be good?
what other parts would i have to buy to get the tfs heads and intake to pass smog?
need to get motor plans figured out soon, need to drive the notch [Frown]
i kinda want to go with tfs becuase a friend of mine has there street heat package with the twisted wedge heads on his 331 and he loves it.

stoauto: how much would it cost to build the motor? i heard like $350-400?

[ June 23, 2005, 02:11 AM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

need help to finalize stroker plans
what is the difference between i beam rods and h beam rods?

[ June 23, 2005, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: two-gun kid ]

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stoauto  Ford pictures for stoauto    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pm sent
stoauto
¯
Member # 2803

quote:
need help to finalize stroker plans
what is the difference between i beam rods and h beam rods?

go to the summit website. look up connecting rods. that'll show you the difference. [patriot]
two-gun kid
¯
Member # 5325

as in difference of strenght, im guesing the h beam would be stronger.

--------------------
Two-Gun Motorsports
-Team Legion 510-
-KINGTOM Groupie-

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com