Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Clutch cable/firewall adjuster question???.

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Clutch cable/firewall adjuster question???.
1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Relevant details:
MM firewall adjuster
MM Universal Ford OEM Clutch Cable MMCL-11

Should the FW adjuster have alot of resistance when turning or should it turn pretty easy?

Also my clutch pedal feels sticky when the pedal comes back up? Is it time for a new clutch cable [Confused]

Thanks [patriot]

[ June 07, 2005, 01:09 PM: Message edited by: 1992gtdrop ]

:
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that firewall adjuster should have some resistance from the rubber bushing in it. the bushing comes with the kit and its supposed to be trimmed down until it can be adjusted without being too tight. as for the pedal, i dont know, could be the pressure plate or quadrant

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Would anyone be able to come by and adjust my cable and FW adjuster for me? I dont think my FW adj was installed right [Confused] Would anyone be able take a look?

Thanks
[patriot]

:
Hungry Hippo
¯
Member # 537

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hungry Hippo  Ford pictures for Hungry Hippo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you loosen the adjuster to make the clutch engage higher and tighten it to make it engage closer to the floor. the cable isnt adjustable

--------------------
05 S4 Avant(wagon)
09 C6 H/C/I

1992gtdrop
unregistered

Ford Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by HungryHippo:
you loosen the adjuster to make the clutch engage higher and tighten it to make it engage closer to the floor. the cable isnt adjustable

I can turn the firewall adjuster anymore it has too much resistance. [Confused]
:

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com