Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » difference in U/D pulleys and Power Pulleys?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: difference in U/D pulleys and Power Pulleys?
03SVTPower
CAFords OG
Member # 518

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 03SVTPower  Ford pictures for 03SVTPower    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I currently have March U/D pulleys on my 98 GT, what is the difference between U/D and Power pulleys, power wise?

--------------------
2003 Redfire "AED" Cobra R.I.P

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
As long as the diameter of the pulleys are the same, the only difference is the finish. For example, it should come as no surprise that MAC pullies are known to dull out and rust after a while. I have close to 100,000 miles on my Auto Specialty pullies and the finish still looks good.
THE King Cobra
¯
Member # 2011

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for THE King Cobra  Ford pictures for THE King Cobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
As long as the diameter of the pulleys are the same, the only difference is the finish. For example, it should come as no surprise that MAC pullies are known to dull out and rust after a while. I have close to 100,000 miles on my Auto Specialty pullies and the finish still looks good.

um... actually I HAD March U/D pulleys on my cobra, they still NEW, no joke and they have been on the car for about 4 years. ill post a pic of them later. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
RPM Racing Team
-96 Cobra. HCI MOTORSPORTS block
-More cops in the family = more write-offs
508 RWHP @10.0lbs @6100 RPM..wait till I hit 8K RPM's

Posts: 315 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
DropTopFox
drama
Member # 1689

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DropTopFox  Ford pictures for DropTopFox    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
No difference, just different companies calling them by a different name. [patriot]

--------------------
Go out and do something for yourself today everyone, quit depending on others

-Me
http://www.CaliforniaFords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?album=00001689

Posts: 4003 | From: San Bruno | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com