Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » my contour??

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: my contour??
kingsvt
Member # 2402

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kingsvt  Ford pictures for kingsvt  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i have a 98 svt contour and i was told that there is a bypass i can do that will make the air come in cooler because there is a device that heats the air before it gets to the engine. anyone know what this is??

--------------------
KINGSVT
1998 Ford Contour SVT
yesterdayishistorytomorrowisamysterytodayisaGIFT - Taproot

BlackNGold
CaliforniaFords.com
Member # 655

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for BlackNGold  Ford pictures for BlackNGold    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've never heard of the "bypass" thing you are talking about....Have you tried following the intake tract from the air filter??.....Your car should just have an air filter box, followed by the mass air meter, then a intake hose that goes striaght to the Thottle body....Someone might of been trying to explain a "cold air kit"...A cold air kit just sipply adapts your stock air filter housing to pick up cooler air from another location, like the inside of your fender..

--------------------
-SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT-

Posts: 5132 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  :

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com