Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » ATTN: ST5150 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: ATTN: ST5150
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mike:
Your stock rails will hold up to a max of 500 RWHP
at the very most.
Thats only W/ a big boy pump though.

Now 36's will be good up to 430-440 rwhp and no more. I know from personal findings. So there for I have set of them for sale only 2K miles on them.

What is your exact current fuel system?? Lines, filter, pump, ect??

[ October 01, 2002, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: 66 InjectedCobra ]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the current fuel system is 30lb inj, 255 in tank, stock fuel rails plus lines. I think i will keep the stock fuel rails and jump to 42lb injectors.

What kind of problems were you running in to?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

91GR40LX
¯
Member # 1329

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 91GR40LX  Ford pictures for 91GR40LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 66 InjectedCobra:
Mike:
Your stock rails will hold up to a max of 500 RWHP
at the very most.
Thats only W/ a big boy pump though.

Now 36's will be good up to 430-440 rwhp and no more. I know from personal findings. So there for I have set of them for sale only 2K miles on them.

What is your exact current fuel system?? Lines, filter, pump, ect??

Actually I'm running stock lines and rails, fuel pressure fell off @5500 rpm. That still dynoed more than that at the wheel [Eek!]
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Camara90  Ford pictures for Camara90  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ya im looking to push this thing to about 440rwhp, and about 6,800 rpm shift points.

I do want to make sure that these stock rails hold up, and if not can I just buy the rails that bolt right up the lines?

--------------------
92GT,stock short block,9:1 TFS 170's,perf rpm,custom cam,1 5/8 shorties,C4 trans.
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 66 InjectedCobra  Ford pictures for 66 InjectedCobra    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
GR40lx: Of coures you could see more power that I listed but what I listed was safe power where your "fuel does not drop off".

YOU NEVER WANT YOU FUEL TO DROP OFF!!

Mike your pump and lines should all be just fine.
Your rails will be fine too as long as you use those 42lb injectors your set up is sound Bro [patriot]

However if your looking to get a set of 1/2" rails, Aeromotive makes a real nice bolt on rail.
Dude if you buy just the bare rail W/ no lines a nd fittings then I could hook you up W/ all the special fittings a and lines they sell to make it hook up directly to your factory lines.

I bought the Aeromotive kit that is a direct bolt on to the body lines W/ all the correct special fittings and lines, to find out that I could not use any of it excep just the bare rails.
Lemme know Ill hook you up

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6389544

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
anyone know if there's legitimacy to the '94/'95 rails handling more fuel? I was going to sell them, but I'll keep the '94 cobra rails if they hold more fuel than the '86-'93 HO?
93PONY
Mr. Valve Events
Member # 60

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 93PONY  Ford pictures for 93PONY        Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clement (on the corral & turbomustangs) is the one who told me that.
PM him....

--------------------
www.advancedenginedevelopment.com
SCT dealer
Dynotuning

(916)715-7569

Posts: 4266 | From: Fair Oaks, CA | Registered: Nov 2000  |  :
66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:
anyone know if there's legitimacy to the '94/'95 rails handling more fuel? I was going to sell them, but I'll keep the '94 cobra rails if they hold more fuel than the '86-'93 HO?

It's true Bro they handle more HP hands down.
At least 100Hp more

[ October 03, 2002, 06:11 PM: Message edited by: 66 InjectedCobra ]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by shade-tree:

I think its the line that connects the two rails that is the restriction and changed on the SN95's. the SN95's also have a larger feed tube from the fuel pump, but it won't fit your fox's connector unless you install a larger one as well. Found this out the hard way [Cool]
Camara90
1%
Member # 134

66 i think i will stick with the stock rails for the moment, but thanks anyways. Did you ever get a hold of brian at high tech?

--------------------
std. 356hp, 350tq
11.85@111.9mph on motor.

66 InjectedCobra
¯
Member # 819

Camara, I did get a hold of him but he never returns messages [Frown]

--------------------
Just An Old Slow Ford!

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com