Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 408 rear wheel estimates? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: 408 rear wheel estimates?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by yellow67stang:
My car is a yellow 67 mustang with a thunderbolt hood. How do you post pics on the page without a Http address? I have pics of it but not on a website. I can e-mail you a pic.

Sorry,
Eric

Good thing you asked: http://www.cafords.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=003593

The picture files can only be 170K in size though.

-Sawson

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sweet thanks.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Sweet thanks.

Awesome picture:

http://www.cafords.com/cgi-bin/album.pl?photo=00000903/Stang.JPG

What was the outcome of that race???

-Sawson

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for yellow67stang  Ford pictures for yellow67stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
That was right after my burnout of my first pass that weekend at the first race of the year. After that I staged, and a second after that I was D'qued. My tranny was leaking! It was no big deal just spilled some fluid on the tranny blanket and it was still dripping. The shitty part of this whole thing was that I went back to the pits and cleaned everything up. Started it back up and threw a pushrod! Luckly this happened in the pits. Took off the valve covers and saw that no oil was reaching the rockers and at that point figured to cut my losses and go home. So, I have no offical times as of yet. Long drive for nothing! But thats racing.....I guess.
I basically fired my old machine shop and went to a better shop and found out that stuff like that should not happen! He got me on the right track, found a lot more HP and put the speed-pro on it, now I should be fine. going to do some more pulls on the dyno this week and will pick up on Friday. Then, the ASS BUSTING begins!!! I have to get it ready for Bakersfeild by the 19th. Dont know if I am going to make it but I will try! Need the points!

ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Punk5.0Slow- read my combo again...I said already that solid lifters would have to be adjusted...I have roller lifters and roller rockers...roller lifters don't need to be adjusted because they are attached...
Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
ScuEleanor
¯
Member # 785

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for ScuEleanor  Ford pictures for ScuEleanor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
and I didn't say anything about constant readjusting...
Posts: 77 | From: Santa Clara | Registered: Jan 2002  |  :
PunkINa5.SLOW
¯
Member # 10

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for PunkINa5.SLOW  Ford pictures for PunkINa5.SLOW    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I only asked a question as to how roller lifters would help you to have to NOT readjust your timing.

--------------------
OUTTA THA DRAMA

R.I.P. MIKE STARKEY MY BABY BROTHER
12/8/77-5/17/03

Chris_67_SC_408
¯
Member # 936

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris_67_SC_408  Ford pictures for Chris_67_SC_408  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Damn that is a nice car. Very stock looking, i was expecting to see something like that 69 next to you. I LIKE IT.

--------------------
My sister runs 13s!!!
And your brother wants to eat her ass.

Posts: 716 | From: San Mateo, CA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  :
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Thank you! I compete in a true street class so most of the cars are stock looking. The only thing that doesnt look stock is the parachute and the wing that I am adding.
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
That was right after my burnout of my first pass that weekend at the first race of the year. After that I staged, and a second after that I was D'qued. My tranny was leaking! It was no big deal just spilled some fluid on the tranny blanket and it was still dripping. The shitty part of this whole thing was that I went back to the pits and cleaned everything up. Started it back up and threw a pushrod! Luckly this happened in the pits. Took off the valve covers and saw that no oil was reaching the rockers and at that point figured to cut my losses and go home. So, I have no offical times as of yet. Long drive for nothing! But thats racing.....I guess.
I basically fired my old machine shop and went to a better shop and found out that stuff like that should not happen! He got me on the right track, found a lot more HP and put the speed-pro on it, now I should be fine. going to do some more pulls on the dyno this week and will pick up on Friday. Then, the ASS BUSTING begins!!! I have to get it ready for Bakersfeild by the 19th. Dont know if I am going to make it but I will try! Need the points!

What kind of tranny do you have behind this beast? Do you have any more pictures to upload? We want to see more

-Sawson [patriot]

yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

Right now it has a T350 in it. I have a glide waiting to be put in but have no time to put it in before the 19th. I have more pics at work. I can post more than one?
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Right now it has a T350 in it. I have a glide waiting to be put in but have no time to put it in before the 19th. I have more pics at work. I can post more than one?

Yup, every member has a 1 meg limit, that means you get can get at least 6 pictures up... most can fit 10-15 pictures with no problems: www.98cobra.com/album

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Gotten a chance to put anymore pictures up?
yellow67stang
¯
Member # 903

2 more pics loaded. One was from a year ago at Sac. The other is a motor pic from 2 months ago. Its out dated because I totally changed the motor but its all I got.

--------------------
I like cars.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com