Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Front brake swap from a 2002 to a 1992?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Front brake swap from a 2002 to a 1992?
SmokinLX
¯
Member # 1684

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SmokinLX  Ford pictures for SmokinLX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just bought a set of front calipers and rotors off a 2002 GT and want to swap them onto my 1992 lx coupe. Do I need a new master?Brake lines? Spindles? And what size rim am I goin to need to clear em? Thanx.

--------------------
Dont claim power if ya cant mile per hour. 10 second AOD

phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You will need either F5 or F4 spindles (as in 94 or 95). It doesn't matter what kind of Mustang they cam off, Cobra, V6, GT. If you get 96 and up spindles, they will stick the wheels out .25" out farther in the front which looks bad and if you run anything wider than 8" wheels they will hit the fenders so bad you won't want to drive it. Maximum Motorsports can set you up with some nice braided stainless steel brake lines made specifically for what you are doing. As for wheels, any late model, '94 up wheels will fit. If you were doing Cobra brakes, then your selection might be narrowed a bit.
phildog
¯
Member # 1214

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for phildog  Ford pictures for phildog    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
And your master will be okay.
venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
go with the 94 and 95 spindle so you dont have to worry about wheel selection.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com