Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » Sactown (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Sactown
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
when is the track closed for the season?

--------------------
2005 Dodge Magnum R/T AWD
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition
"Thats Mr. Great Pumpkin to you!"

Posts: 2601 | From: Tomball, TX | Registered: Oct 2001  |  :
roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
http://www.sacramentoraceway.com/srpcal.htm

should give you some more detailed info.

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Really never since it doesn't snow here. They just move the test-n-tunes to saturday nights durring the winter and spring months.
Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hemi Ted  Ford pictures for Hemi Ted    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Shit, thanks roseville!

Please fucking call me when you guys get together.........
I may end up being the "new guy" but I'll buy the beers afterwards!!!!!!
I am new at altering my car, any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Thanks again,
ted

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Some of us will be going on Fri. night- The Brain is looking for 11's out of his 331 'vert and I hope that a set of gears in my basicly stock '92 AOD will net me 13's. Hopefully it will cool down a little bit by Fri.!

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5
Looked stock, went 11's 11.90 at 115mph.

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Livin' in the Carolina Pines

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Sick!! 11's and topless! Sweet!

With my few mods, what should I be expecting from my 93 vert?
I just recently installed my 4.10's..... whew what a sweet friggin' feeling!

What time (approx.) do you guys leave??

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: 93ragLX ]

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:
Really never since it doesn't snow here. They just move the test-n-tunes to saturday nights durring the winter and spring months.

actually, starting in Nov, test-n-tune moves to Sat. mornings/afternoon, from like 10-3 pm
The last friday night test-n-tune might be the best for ET (owing to the mineshaft air at 10 pm)

TRY2PAZ
¯
Member # 97

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRY2PAZ  Ford pictures for TRY2PAZ  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 93ragLX:
Sick!! 11's and topless! Sweet!

With my few mods, what should I be expecting from my 93 vert?
I just recently installed my 4.10's..... whew what a sweet friggin' feeling!

What time (approx.) do you guys leave??

Wht don't you go on oct 20th when everybody else is going?
[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: 93ragLX ]

Why don't you go on oct 20th when everybody else is going? we will leave around 3ish on saturday.

[ October 02, 2001: Message edited by: TRY2PAZ ]

--------------------
http://www.fnsweet.com/pics/events/sj_gtg_1020/sj_gtg1020_30.jpg

Posts: 4033 | From: Bay Area, CA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  :
Mipaz
Old School
Member # 386

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for Mipaz  Ford pictures for Mipaz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i might have to met yall up there cuz i still work that day but i will be in stockton so that is cool. sorry i cannot ride wit yall though that would beee cool.

i get off at 4 but i can swing leaving like 2-3 so we can meet at the track or something.

--------------------
Wheels on the Vette go round and round.

Posts: 1700 | From: Over There | Registered: Aug 2001  |  :
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 13 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The last 2 grudge nights sucked, got 4 runs both times. Too damn busy. The Fri. Test and Tunes seem to be getting less traffic latley. I intend to run as many Wed. night brackets as I can. Might try the Summit Series next year for some cash winnings!

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stimson  Ford pictures for Stimson    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by stocker:

actually, starting in Nov, test-n-tune moves to Sat. mornings/afternoon, from like 10-3 pm
The last friday night test-n-tune might be the best for ET (owing to the mineshaft air at 10 pm)

doh- I meant mornings! The mornings can suck if there is a lot of dew on the track from the night before.

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by FasterDamnit:
Some of us will be going on Fri. night- The Brain is looking for 11's out of his 331 'vert and I hope that a set of gears in my basicly stock '92 AOD will net me 13's. Hopefully it will cool down a little bit by Fri.!

Jim L.

Don't hold your breathe on seeing my car run an 11.xx this Friday
I am not going to have the time to make the changes I was hoping for.
I REALLY need to put the battery in the trunk, and make a couple mechanical changes (I am thinking I need another 20-30hp + good tires to make an 11 sec pass) I am NOT going to pull the seats out of my car because now that the rollbar is in, it is a #@^#ING pain in the ARSE to re-install it.

I have ordered a 70mm TB that should be here Thursday, and this weekend I am going to order up a few more parts.

If I can just repeat last Friday's time, I will be happy enough (for now )

Brian

--------------------
1989 LX vert 342
11.662 @ 116.65 1.57 60ft. N/A
10.227 @ 134.59 1.41 60ft 200 shot 3600lbs
2003 Ranger 4 door
15.99 @ 87

Posts: 1264 | From: Back in Redding CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

I have ordered a 70mm TB that should be here Thursday, and this weekend I am going to order up a few more parts.

Just the 70mm TB??? Where is the rest of the intake on that order form? That GT40 lower flows 210 cfm at best. Your heads flow nearly 40 cfm over that on the intake side.

Ever considered a short belt, no belt or a 3 inch crank pulley?

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TheBrain  Ford pictures for TheBrain    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Sawson,
I am sure that my lower flows a bit more than that !!! When it was ported, the ports were opened up over 1/8" both in height and width. Plus the ports were polished smooth

I know that you are not a big fan of the GT-40 intake, but it is doing just fine. I am showing about 1/2" of vacuum at full throttle so at this point, my throttle body is the biggest restriction.
Beside, I wouldn't give a shit if the Holley, TrickFlow or Edelbrock intakes would guarantee me a N/A 10 sec pass, They are UGLY and the GT-40 intake STAYS !!!!
And if my memory serves me correctly, YOU also tried to talk me out of getting the AFR heads stating that you "have never seen an AFR headed car run as well as it should"
I think that low 12's is running like it should

Brian

BTW, I just got off the phone with Summit, MY E.T. Drags will be here Friday morning

Stimson
_
Member # 51

quote:
Originally posted by TheBrain:

And if my memory serves me correctly, YOU also tried to talk me out of getting the AFR heads stating that you "have never seen an AFR headed car run as well as it should"

You remembered wrong... my motto is "I haven't seen an AFR headed car do anything a TFS headed car hasn't done already!"

Not dis'n AFR's.....They're a solid head... I just liked them better the first time they came out...they where called Trick-Flows then

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 14 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hell, if you are willing to try the lo-buck tricks you should at least knock a little off your previous best- traction and weather permitting! I ahve the foil ice pacsk you can try on the tubular intake and not rain water all ver the shiny bits. See you there. I am going to try and be there right at 4. Still working on Chirag! Sawson, when will we so you running again?

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

The 20th and I'm hoping its not going to be a cluster f*ck like the past two grudge nights!
FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for FasterDamnit  Ford pictures for FasterDamnit  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I hope so, too. I will try to be there, maybe w/ my '65. Like you said before, maybe some disinformation should be spread about the track closing! I squarely blame the net car communities for f'ing it all up! Have a few enthusiast sites do a "Roll Call" for a particular event and the track is overrun. Bunch-o computer literate lemmings!!

JL

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Stimson
_
Member # 51

lol, you're right.... but its not the mustang sites!!!! Its the GM guys that bring the masses.
JoeT
¯
Member # 298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for JoeT  Ford pictures for JoeT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by st5150:

That GT40 lower flows 210 cfm at best. Your heads flow nearly 40 cfm over that on the intake side.

ever consider ram-air? should clear up that intake restriction once you hit about 50

Also, ice the intake man, 2 5-pound bags. Hose the headers down after a pass...

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Well, instead of waiting to get my subs installed saturday, I scheduled with Apex to weld them in thursday. Lucky shit, as someone cancelled an appointment.
It will be nice to meet you guys. Friday at what time do you guys head out of bay area? Isn't traffic a bitch fridays?

Which one of you guys can help me dial my car??

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

TheBrain
I'm the Real
John Force
Member # 35

I am leaving at 3:00pm
Yes, traffic is a mother f*cker !!!
Friday is Test and Tune, No side by side racing, (in theory) No dial-ins required

See you there

Brian

roseville5oh
¯
Member # 406

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for roseville5oh  Ford pictures for roseville5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'll be there, hopefully with camera in hand. I'm hoping to meet more of you this time. Just look for a guy with a camera and a Bassani shirt. I might even run my car. We'll see. Later

--------------------
'91 blue/gray GT -SOLD :(
'03 DRZ-400S
'76 GMC Truck - building
'92 Chevy k2500 454

Hemi Ted
¯
Member # 478

Well, hells bells.
I am poppin my cherry......
What do I need to have to race fellas??
+ as far as Safety Gear?

Five speed
convertible

--------------------
2003 Suzuki Hayabusa
Anniversary Edition

FasterDamnit
Bad Attitude
Member # 442

Brian just went thru this. If you break into the 13's you will need a 6 point (OK, 5 point- don't need the pass. door bar) roll cage and 5 point harness to go with that helmet. Convertables are a lot more trouble if you want to drag race. Still wish I had my MG so I could have completed that V8 swap...

Jim L.

--------------------
'92 LX T5

'65 Mustang 347

www.fordmuscle.com

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com