Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |

This topic has been moved to Street Racing.

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » What's a good 60' for stock irs? (Page 2)

Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: What's a good 60' for stock irs?
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Time slip real? Oh c'mon its at the track with cones and a finish line flag. Of course its real! You can clearly see my name cummins on there and that is my real name. You foos asked for credibility with a time slip and I'm showing it to you. Too bad I spilled white out on the numbers or else you would really get choked up. I told you that I can 60 decently but to me its still not good enough and I'd like to get it better. Something like consistent 1.3s. I'm consistent mid to low 1.4s.

So I posted up asking for tips on launching IRS. Yes this is a completely stock IRS car and it weighs 3800 lbs with me in it, a tad over 3600 just the car. So lets see, I can lauch a 6 cyl 180 cubic inch motor 3800 lb stock IRS car to mid low 1.4s consistently. Although this is pretty good its just not good enough to take home the cake so I'm still asking for IRS tips in regards to launching. I do NOT have any irs braces its completely stock. Do those braces help and if so where to get them?

Oh and as far as the ass dyno. The seat pressure revealed a little higher change with cold air temps of 40 degrees and it turned out to be true I dyno'd it on the dynojet and was 20 hp more!

--------------------
Your definitely jealous of my strength and brains. - 68_427_Fastback

Cummins looks like the Wendy's girl......without the pig tails. - JT

Posts: 3441 | From: The Rice Fields | Registered: Aug 2005  |  :
DRIVINFST
¯
Member # 2430

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for DRIVINFST  Ford pictures for DRIVINFST    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Move this [BS flag] to streetracing. Isn't that where all the crap goes?
Posts: 555 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for cummins  Ford pictures for cummins    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its not crap I really want to know about IRS modifications! Like I said I'm running stock IRS and I want to lower my 60. What's wrong with that?

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by DRIVINFST:
Move this [BS flag] to streetracing. Isn't that where all the crap goes?

Sorry, I was getting a good laugh from this post. I thought everyone else was also..lol [Big Grin]

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
Red C5
¯
Member # 1561

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Red C5  Ford pictures for Red C5    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
good job cummins. If you want to 60ft better, you should up the shot. [Smile]
98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'
Uncle Frank
Member # 895

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'  Ford pictures for 98slowhoe 'FIFTYLX'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by cummins:
Try rolling your eyes at this!

-

After doing some research and finding out about this acutime timing system you ran on I found out what tracks run this system. Maybe you can tell us what track it was???

Acutime Tracks

--------------------
AKA Franky Freaking 5 liter

Advanced Engine Development
SCT dealer
Dynotuning
Engine building
916*275*8212

88 4runner on 42's

cummins
¯
Member # 5931

Cummins International Raceway. Their website is not updated. Its hard to believe that all those other tracks use stop watches too!

[ March 31, 2006, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

Yellow94GT
Mr. 60 FT
Member # 431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yellow94GT  Ford pictures for Yellow94GT  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
omg...lol

--------------------
AED

1994 GT Bucket that will likely never run
1999 SLOLEEN Twin Turbo Coyote
2008 F250 580 RWHP 1129 RWTQ

Posts: 5990 | From: Cameron Park, Ca | Registered: Sep 2001  |  :
cummins
¯
Member # 5931

quote:
Originally posted by Red C5:
good job cummins. If you want to 60ft better, you should up the shot. [Smile]

Thanks man. Up the shot? You mean I should use the shot. That was all boost cutting mid to low 1.4's all day. I can and have done better with spray though. Hit a few high 1.3s. That naaawwwzzzz is the magic juice. My car loves it and me too. I set my purge to spray into the cab and it makes me happy.

[ March 31, 2006, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: cummins ]

--------------------

putter
¯
Member # 4253

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for putter  Ford pictures for putter    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Im sorry it was my fault!! Well you know how you got there late and I already "preped" the track, or so I said I did? Well... I was out of auquanette hair spray and went with Paul Mitchell! Im sorry cummins it was my fault. I just couldnt tell you after watching you put 20 bottles of NOS fuel additive in the tank. Also Im wondering if our 60ft line was off? I know Bill has about a 3ft stride but he was drinking when he paced the 60ft off. Im sure it will go 1.3s all day when me and the other track officials do out jobs!

One last think I didnt get a great look at your new tires how wide are they again?

--------------------
KEEP THE SHIT REAL!
Is someone posting a bunch of B/S and lies? PM me Ill bust em out for ya!
Sellers Beware WayfastYtee "BAD TRADER"

Posts: 626 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2004  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com