Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » New "Saleen" motor

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: New "Saleen" motor
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
LOL, didnt know Saleen made an entire motor.

I know vortech made an intake for Saleen right?

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/2794854714.html

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
FAP material here though.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/cto/2797315672.html

--------------------

SLOWFOX
¯
Member # 11067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWFOX  Ford pictures for SLOWFOX  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Feel it come dwn da street? Its got beat or what lol...

--------------------
" A Wolf under sheep's clothing"-svoRICK 2/10/12
Almost everything I asked for.

norcalfiddy
¯
Member # 11207

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcalfiddy  Ford pictures for norcalfiddy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
haha i hate when people post fox's on craigslist saying there hella stuff done to it and they just post one pic of the motor.. they must be beaters then

--------------------
600HP 1996 7.3L powerstroke single cab short bed race truck

Posts: 3393 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Aug 2011  |  :
coupedup
¯
Member # 9987

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupedup  Ford pictures for coupedup    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Cobra 93-4992:

I think that mustang used to belong to a member on here.
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Didn't someones car get stolen and it had that same intake on it
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
SLOWSN95
¯
Member # 8269

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOWSN95  Ford pictures for SLOWSN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by anderthizzle:
Didn't someones car get stolen and it had that same intake on it

He did say "this pony is hot" lol

--------------------
94' GT
347 Stroker
MM Suspended

2003 SB SVT Lightning
Pullied and Lowered

89'Hatch-SOLD

Posts: 2214 | From: 510/east bay | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
v-town coupe
fordologist
Member # 2771

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for v-town coupe  Ford pictures for v-town coupe    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Not sure about that car there But having toured the Saleen Faciltiy twice when they still had one in Irvine Ca. once in 99/00 ish and the other in 06 I think it was, Slowback 67 went then he may know.yes they do make motors well kind of:

All The mustangs come in and are tore down to a certain extent. The extent of the tear down depends on what type of Saleen you are getting. The cars to be Blown get the motors yanked and go into the engine room where they get an Internal package in the Short block which to me is why I would go Saleen over Roush All day every day.

The S7 motor is 100% manufactured by saleen. nothing ford about it really. the motor is designed and shares some ford characteristics and shares some things with fords such as the coil packs etc. BUT the block comes in as a raw Piece of aluminum which the have sent out to a CNC shop they use and the block comes back and at that point its sleeved,freeze plugs etc. so when you buy an S7 you really are getting a one of kind car. not some couple hundred thousand dollar POS with a stock blown Mod motor.

Posts: 4597 | From: the V-town | Registered: May 2003  |  :
04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by v-town coupe:
quote:

Not sure about that car there But having toured the Saleen Faciltiy twice when they still had one in Irvine Ca. once in 99/00 ish and the other in 06 I think it was, Slowback 67 went then he may know.yes they do make motors well kind of:

All The mustangs come in and are tore down to a certain extent. The extent of the tear down depends on what type of Saleen you are getting. The cars to be Blown get the motors yanked and go into the engine room where they get an Internal package in the Short block which to me is why I would go Saleen over Roush All day every day.

The S7 motor is 100% manufactured by saleen. nothing ford about it really. the motor is designed and shares some ford characteristics and shares some things with fords such as the coil packs etc. BUT the block comes in as a raw Piece of aluminum which the have sent out to a CNC shop they use and the block comes back and at that point its sleeved,freeze plugs etc. so when you buy an S7 you really are getting a one of kind car. not some couple hundred thousand dollar POS with a stock blown Mod motor.

Yeah Saleen has built several motors in-house over the years. The S7 motor of course was a unique piece, but several lines of the Saleen Mustang's engines were also built up. The S351's windsor crate motor was reworked with internals, heads, and an intake manifold, the S281-Extreme's had forged internals and headwork along with the blower... the Parnelli Jones edition Saleen's saw the "return" of the 5.0 liter with a 400hp stroker 3-valve, long before anyone whispered anything about the coyote that found it's way into the 2011 GT.

and the S302-E had a blown 5.0 3-valve with over 620hp

Saleen also sold it's 3-valve "5.0 stroker" kit through the Speedlab for quite some time. I think you can still find it on eBay from time to time.

[ January 14, 2012, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :
1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

The newer cars they started building motors, but 85 they didnt even slap anything other than an plate on the intake.

-

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com