Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Taking my CDL license test soon..any advice? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Taking my CDL license test soon..any advice?
svt306snake
¯
Member # 1967

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for svt306snake  Ford pictures for svt306snake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Scan your mirrors is very important! Watch them cause they are watching to see if you do. Good luck homie!!! Getting this opens so many doors for you!

--------------------
F*** TPS MOTORSPORTS F *** TPS MOTORSPORTS THEY SUCK ASS

TEAM TRUE FORGED X 2 SPONSORED

CAPITAL MUSTANG C.C.

Posts: 5841 | From: SACRAMENTO "916" YA KNOW | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
/\ hell yes it does! Thanks again [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Posts: 6959 | From: in the drivers seat. | Registered: Feb 2008  |  :
flores24v
¯
Member # 10586

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for flores24v  Ford pictures for flores24v    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Pass, fail? Updates?
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SIC9250  Ford pictures for SIC9250    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Test is now sep 15th...

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I got a tip for you, don't f'n fail.......

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
t-top50
¯
Member # 2735

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for t-top50  Ford pictures for t-top50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lol seriously, everything that they are telling you is good. You got this. Best advice is to think positive and relax and breathe. If you think positive it will calm your nerves and settle you in. Good luck my brother.

--------------------
87GT t-top
00 Saleen (clone)
97 E350 7.3 diesel

Posts: 2522 | From: Brentwood | Registered: Apr 2003  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Update***

Thanks again for all the advice fellas! Passed with flying colors,my instructor was very cool and it was a breeze,missed only 8 points outta 30 on the skills and the rest I was 100% even nailed all the signs he asked me to read to him after we had passed them...any advice on where to look for work? Beginners mistakes in a company? What to look for? This is all new and I understand I'm at the bottom of the chain,unlike mechanics where I'm familiar with everything an set in my ways this is something I don't wanna hate doing in 5 years! Again any advice is much appriciated [patriot]

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Get an OTR job easy to find a job and worth it .for experience wise ,you learn a lot in a short period of time ,then look for local work ,like Pepsi, coke or seven up to name a few ,but they won't hire newbies that's why the OTR job is the way to get your feet wet and learn the trucking industry.. To figure out what you would like to do...

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

/\ thanks D

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Any good places or websites to apply to or get my name in at?? Most all company's want 1 or 2 years experience atleast,I drove a bobtail for a bit but doubt that works..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SIC9250:
Any good places or websites to apply to or get my name in at?? Most all company's want 1 or 2 years experience atleast,I drove a bobtail for a bit but doubt that works..

Central ref , knight. crengland, swift, crst, Martin any big trucking company that usually does OTR will hire newbies you will have to drive with a trainer the first month then your on your own centralref.com is the only web site I know

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :
SIC9250
¯
Member # 8216

Aren't most of those company's TEAM driving?? Atleast that's what they advertise...I'm a newb but def NOT team driving,not what I got into trucking for...ill go head first with some local company's mostly AG and see where I land if its a lost cause ah well ill try another route..

--------------------
Coyote_Mach1

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com