Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » NEW 5.0 (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: NEW 5.0
Justa2V
¯
Member # 3749

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Justa2V  Ford pictures for Justa2V    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 70mach351:
x plan is for people who work or are retired from ford. D plan is the friends and family plan. my uncle buys all his fords on x plan.

Uhhh I'm not sure if that's enitrely accurate. I utilized the "x" plan when I bought my Explorer and I've never worked for Ford and I'm no where near retirement. I believe what you said is partially true but I do believe Ford offers the plan to affiliates of their choosing like my company.

--------------------
2014 GT500 Blk/Blk PP - On the way
2014 GT500 DIB/Blk PP
2006 Explorer XLT
2003 Lincoln Aviator
2002 Mustang GT
2000 Mustang
1998 Stg. 1 Roush

Posts: 1015 | From: The Valley | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
Luke87GT
Lay'n more stripes
than Caltrans
Member # 21

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Luke87GT  Ford pictures for Luke87GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SF Coupe:
quote:
Originally posted by Luke87GT:
$36K for a Mustang? sheeeeeeeeit, that'll be the day.

Especially when you can get one for less than 25K in a few years.
I'll be playing with 96-04 Cobras until the 2011GT comes down to the $12-15K range [Razz]

--------------------
Stangless

Posts: 7802 | From: San Mateo | Registered: Jul 2000  |  :
Not_so_Stealth
¯
Member # 7849

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Not_so_Stealth  Ford pictures for Not_so_Stealth    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Like some else said ask for the fleet manager. I've got almost the same car on order now. I built the car on the ford site and got the net price with the only options I wanted. I then tried to get a online quote from a few different local dealers to see if they would sell at Msrp or would they try to tack something extra on. I couldn't get a quote from any of them. They wanted me to come in and buy something they already had in the lot. Screw that. I stopped by Fremont Ford and happened the run into the salesman that had been sending me non-stop emails but never my quote. He started trying to sell me a gt premium and wanted me to test drive it. So I did. I then told I wasn't going to buy that car. It didn't have the brembos or 3.73's and it had extras that I didn't want to pay for. I ended up talking to the fleet manager and got the car I wanted on order for invoice.

--------------------
Performance White 2012 Boss 302
1994 Lightning #652
1989 5.0 LX hatch
2011 Coyote 5.0 - Sold
2003 Mach1 - Sold

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth1:
Like some else said ask for the fleet manager. I've got almost the same car on order now. I built the car on the ford site and got the net price with the only options I wanted. I then tried to get a online quote from a few different local dealers to see if they would sell at Msrp or would they try to tack something extra on. I couldn't get a quote from any of them. They wanted me to come in and buy something they already had in the lot. Screw that. I stopped by Fremont Ford and happened the run into the salesman that had been sending me non-stop emails but never my quote. He started trying to sell me a gt premium and wanted me to test drive it. So I did. I then told I wasn't going to buy that car. It didn't have the brembos or 3.73's and it had extras that I didn't want to pay for. I ended up talking to the fleet manager and got the car I wanted on order for invoice.

if you plan on modding it might be a good idea not to do with the 373s.. with more power it will make you shift into 5th in the quartermile... and thas a no no
Posts: 1247 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
myzticsnake
¯
Member # 9334

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for myzticsnake  Ford pictures for myzticsnake    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
5th is the 1:1 ratio gear in the 5.0 6 speeds. Shift into it all you want.
N8
¯
Member # 6048

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for N8  Ford pictures for N8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Stealth1:
Like some else said ask for the fleet manager.....

Yup who ever said that knows what the hell he is talking about. [Big Grin]
9cobrasnake9
CAFords OG
Member # 575

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasnake9  Ford pictures for 9cobrasnake9  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
my fourth gear with a t-56 and 4.56's barely tops out at 124 in the quarter..I doubt 3.73's will be an issue

--------------------
96 Mystic Cobra
2011 F150 Raptor

Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mach916  Ford pictures for Mach916    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by myzticsnake:
5th is the 1:1 ratio gear in the 5.0 6 speeds. Shift into it all you want.

that doesnt matter.. shifting into 5th will negate any benifits of shorter gears.. you never want to shift right before the traps.. plus 331 gears will make the 5.0 a monster on the freeway.
Mach916
¯
Member # 8264

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasnake9:
my fourth gear with a t-56 and 4.56's barely tops out at 124 in the quarter..I doubt 3.73's will be an issue

different tranny.. and i doubt your car makes it to 124.
TopNotch T-TOP
¯
Member # 9599

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for TopNotch T-TOP  Ford pictures for TopNotch T-TOP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if you want a good deal honestly the two words that all the sales manager and sales guys dred is "FACTORY INVOICE" buy law if you ask for it they have to show you what they recived the vehicle for and you maybe you will be able to bargen 200 above invoice and get a killer deal on it

--------------------
1984 T-TOP NOTCHBACK MUSTANG
1993 Svt Cobra

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com