Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Meet up before TPS Carshow on Sunday??? (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Meet up before TPS Carshow on Sunday???
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SHOalex:
quote:
Originally posted by CompSVT:
Fuck Mike Mak and that shit hole off a shop he runs!

hahahahahahaha fuk them and their faulty ass work I guess...
Fuck u! Don't get me started [Mad]
CompSVT
¯
Member # 7392

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for CompSVT  Ford pictures for CompSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
About 3yrs ago I went down to Apex looking to buy a supercharger kit and get it installed. After talking to Mike for an hour or so he convince me to do my suspension and gears 1st then he'll cut me a deal on a Vortech later on when I ready, I agreed. We went over the parts list and set up a date a few weeks out that way all the part would be in.

The day came I drop off my car and Chris told me my car should be done in 3-4 days. A week went by so I gave Mike a call to check up on my car, Mike when on and told me that Chris had forgot to order my parts and it will be a few more day. Those day turn out to be 2 more weeks and this was my DD.

Finally the came to pick up my and I get a phone call from the one and only Mike. He call me to tell me that they had to hack up my exhaust to install panhard and torque arm and if I wanted he could get me an X-pipe but it would another day or so. I was pissed and I told him no I'll pick it up tomarrow.

After I got my exhaust done all over again I was fairly happy after all the BS. Untill my coworkers wanted to check out the work I got done so we put it up on the rack and seen a total hack/rush job. All the welds on the subframe and panhard look like shit and look like they were barely made any contact to the car. That and other misc things pissed me off so I called Mike told him I was unhappy and he told okay will get the car in and go over the welds and the misc things.

After that Mike became the hardests person to get a hold off, won't answer or return phone or pms on norcalsvtoa. After a while I just stop trying. Then about a year later after I work the work done my friend is driving my car and the fucking torque arm snaps from the cross member! So you guess it I call Mike and it was pretty much the same never ending story with this man.

I never got my torque arm fixed/replaced I just put on some uppers and called a day just so I wouldn't have to deal with Mike and his bs. So guys learn from my mistake and stay away from anything ran by Mike Mak.

NCALSVT
¯
Member # 3205

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NCALSVT  Ford pictures for NCALSVT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SPTVENM:
quote:
Originally posted by GOT 50:
Just wondering if you are familar with the APEX issues of past?

Mike Mak closed APEX and opened TPS.

what does that have to do with the show? [Confused]
its pretty much a apex carshow and by going your supporting mike, plus, that carshow is weak, i left early last year.
stangin'
¯
Member # 514

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for stangin'  Ford pictures for stangin'    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mike mak is a cheating bastard. i wouldn't recommend anyone to deal with him and support anything that involves him or his kids.
87droptop50
Go Giants!
Member # 7185

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 87droptop50  Ford pictures for 87droptop50  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by kingroy:
Here's my experience with Apex andTPS,

Back in 04 I left for the military and the weekend before I left my clutch basically exploded on me in my 03 cobra, to the point where it couldn't start anymore. Fast forward about 9 months and I'm stationed in North Carolina at Camp Lejeune and I wanted my car, but I wanted it fixed before I got it. I had it owed from my house in Oakland to Apex. Apex fixed and replaced all the necessary parts for about $1200.00. After completion, my car was transported to N.C. and upon arrival my car and clutch ran great. I don't remember who I was working it or who I was talking to, but whoever worked on my car did a great job at Apex and I want to thank them. That car had 40,000 miles on it when the cluth went out. That same cluth was running great and strong untill the day it was totalled with 85,000 miles on it. I currently have no worksmanship or performance work done By TPS. But I do need a new cluth in my current cobra that another local shop replaced for about $1500.00 and lasted less than 10,000. TPS will get my business when I'm ready to have my clutch replaced.

ey Roy if you need a clutch done my cusin pops has a tranny shop . Rwctransmissions.com

--------------------
HighSpeed Motorsports
87Mustang Gt Conv kurgan tuned
03Harley F150 #5023
69El Camino SS396 -sold
99 f350 7.3 DRW

asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I purchased a car that had extensive mods all done by APEX. It was Vortech supercharged for many years on a stock engine. I had a receipt folder a few inches thick with upgrades and maintenance work from purchase of the car in 1995. While I was going through these papers I saw several receipts from APEX starting with the initial estimate, several ones adding more parts and service down to the final pick up. They charged the prior owner a TON of money for the work but that's his bad for agreeing to pay that much. My problem starts with the initial complaints upon dropping off the car and what they suggested to fix that problem. Being a mechanic for many years I know a complaint of blow by and massive excess crankcase pressure you should do a compression test. Upon doing a correct compression test it should be more than apparent the bottom end of the motor is not doing well as was the case with this car. The "repairs" that were made included replacing the entire upper end of the engine, fuel system upgrade and a tune. Upon picking up the car there are a few other receipts showing the car had been returned for the same complaint it went in there with, bad blow by. Charged for more parts, work and even charged to retune the car (can't understand why a retune was needed to cure blowby). The prior owner eventually gave up on the car after spending near 8-9K in minimal parts and extensive labor at APEX. I purchased it knowing it didn't run right and proceeded to tear into the engine to find why you couldn't go past half throttle without blowing the PCV valve and a quart of oil out in 2 seconds.... no joke, you step into it and the PCV would shoot out and oil would go everywhere. It was quite clear the bottom end was at fault and nothing they did would have cured this problem, even the 2 times they charged him to modify the crankcase vent hose configuration. My other issues were things I found while tearing the engine down that, in my opinion, were signs of just plain crappy work. If you push a good mechanic hard enough mistakes will happen, that along with letting inexperienced mechanics do some of the "easy" work can make a whole shop look bad. Being a bad shop owner/manager can make the best mechanics look bad so I can't blame whomever turned the wrenches on that car directly.

--------------------
Three 540 Bimmers and a 5.0 Explorer.... got a Ford back in the stable!

It's time for the country to do what Obama's own father did.
Abandon him.

Posts: 6069 | From: Rocklin, Ca | Registered: Oct 2004  |  :
LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
This is why you go get a book and get yourself dirty and work on your own shit ..so in the end if it doesn't go right you have no one to blame but yourself..I've never let anyone touch my car..I did my rear end.my 5 speed swap I did my h.c.i and now I'm building my stroker. Its just nuts and bolts guys..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for asskickn88  Ford pictures for asskickn88    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 91silverbullet:
This is why you go get a book and get yourself dirty and work on your own shit ..so in the end if it doesn't go right you have no one to blame but yourself..I've never let anyone touch my car..I did my rear end.my 5 speed swap I did my h.c.i and now I'm building my stroker. Its just nuts and bolts guys..

That's what I do but lets be honest, not everyone is mechanically inclined so can't do their own work. Shit, I can't draw and no amount of schooling would ever fix that...... I'll screw up a stick figure if given the chance [Big Grin]

--------------------

Abandon him.

LX347hatch
¯
Member # 8668

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LX347hatch  Ford pictures for LX347hatch    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by asskickn88:
quote:

That's what I do but lets be honest, not everyone is mechanically inclined so can't do their own work. Shit, I can't draw and no amount of schooling would ever fix that...... I'll screw up a stick figure if given the chance [Big Grin]
Hahaha I feel it..I owe all my knowledge to all my summit magazines and my ford magazines...and my parents for putting up with a. A.d.d. having little kid who wanted to take everything apart he got his hands on..haha but yeah your right man not everyone is mechanically inclined its just weak that the ones that are open shops and take advantage of the ones that don't have the knowledge..
Posts: 1416 | From: El Sobrante | Registered: Sep 2008  |  :
Impact 5.0
¯
Member # 2805

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Impact 5.0  Ford pictures for Impact 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

Or take it to AED. [Big Grin]
Posts: 2173 | From: Tracy, CA | Registered: May 2003  |  :
asskickn88
¯
Member # 4957

quote:
Hahaha I feel it..I owe all my knowledge to all my summit magazines and my ford magazines...and my parents for putting up with a. A.d.d. having little kid who wanted to take everything apart he got his hands on..haha but yeah your right man not everyone is mechanically inclined its just weak that the ones that are open shops and take advantage of the ones that don't have the knowledge..

Oh, I feel you on the a.d.d., there wasn't a toy I didn't take apart when I was a kid. I'm still like that with everything, I'll rip it apart. My friend freaked out when he came over and I had my 60" Sony TV in pieces..... needless to say, I'm posting this message from my TV right now so I guess I did something right [Big Grin] Like they say, every mechanic makes mistakes..... its the good one's that learn from them. It looks like some people haven't though.

[ July 24, 2009, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: asskickn88 ]

--------------------

Abandon him.

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com