Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » For those who went spoiler-less on their sn95's???

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: For those who went spoiler-less on their sn95's???
SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
When you guys removed your stock spoilers on your cars, what did you guys use to clean/remove the scratches from the old spoiler? Also, what did you use to plug the bolt holes? Thanks!

--------------------
2013 Boss 302 #356. Performance White. Stock.
1965 Fastback GT Restored to stock spec.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
mag m105 w/surbuff pad, followed by mag m205 with black pad, followed by glaze of your choice, followed by sealant of your choice, topped with wax (not cleaner wax) of your choice [Smile]

body colored (paint to match) door panel plugs from any auto parts store can be found for filling the holes.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Chavez66
¯
Member # 9812

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chavez66  Ford pictures for Chavez66    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Use clay bar and it'll remove all that gunk and grime, will really clear it up

--------------------
WWW.50Reasonscarclub.com

Posts: 1694 | From: Dont worry about it | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
Rio1999GT
¯
Member # 9231

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rio1999GT  Ford pictures for Rio1999GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Lowes or Home Depot have push plugs or what ever they're called, that that I bought and fit perfectly. They have them in categories by car... so check under "Ford"

You can sand them down flat and paint.

Mine looks like this
 -

[ April 20, 2012, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: Rio1999GT ]

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SydeWaySix  Ford pictures for SydeWaySix    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try clay bar since I have it already. If not, I'll try some rubbing compound or something along those lines. I'll check out the automotive plugs at home depot/lowes. I've tried plastic interior panel plugs before on my old 96 but it never sealed the holes and it leaked water.

--------------------

venomous99
¯
Member # 1917

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for venomous99  Ford pictures for venomous99    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll try clay bar since I have it already. If not, I'll try some rubbing compound or something along those lines. I'll check out the automotive plugs at home depot/lowes. I've tried plastic interior panel plugs before on my old 96 but it never sealed the holes and it leaked water.

did you try using a sealant? im sure that wouldve taken care of the issue. personally, the only way to go is to have someone weld the holes in and just paint/blend and clear the panel.

--------------------
MKII Q7
89LX

SydeWaySix
CAFords OG
Member # 3596

quote:
Originally posted by venomous99:
quote:
Originally posted by SydeWaySix:

did you try using a sealant? im sure that wouldve taken care of the issue. personally, the only way to go is to have someone weld the holes in and just paint/blend and clear the panel.
no, when I tried this before (years ago) i didnt seal it [Big Grin] I will this time though. Definitely dont want to pay for soemone to weld and paint the holes on this car though [Embarrassed]

--------------------

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com