Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » hydraulic clutch conversion

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: hydraulic clutch conversion
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I just bought a 91 5.0 and the clutch is so stiff it is ripping the firewall. I was looking into converting it to hydraulic but wanted to see if anyone has had this problem.
Posts: 1056 | From: Here and there | Registered: Sep 2007  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Mine was the same problem. Ended up being the cable was ripping by the fork so it made it hard to engage.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anderthizzle  Ford pictures for Anderthizzle    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Im gonna try put a new.cable on before I buy it I have two new ones. Hopefully It helps because I don't wanna spend 600 on the hydraulic one.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Yeah mine was stiff then it got worse and worse to the point where I would come off the seat just to press the clutch.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Thats the same with this one, he put new clutch, cable, and.fork. starts off pretty easy and after time it gets harder Nd harder.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
that means your trans input shaft retainer is worn out.

replace with a new FORD throw out bearing, and new FORD steel upgraded input retainer.

maybe $80 in parts.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Anderthizzle
¯
Member # 7910

Thanks guys for the info.
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

quote:
Originally posted by Anderthizzle:
Thats the same with this one, he put new clutch, cable, and.fork. starts off pretty easy and after time it gets harder Nd harder.

Damn sorry. Mine just had the same symptoms I guess because my cable ended up snapping. So once I put the new cable it worked perfect.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1964 Impala hard top

kuku93
¯
Member # 14014

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for kuku93  Ford pictures for kuku93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I had a stage 2 with hydraulic clutch. Lasted 6 months before it leaked. It was mcleods one. It would have no pressure when it was cold but when it was hot it did. It was weird then I switched to cable. Got it out the shop and I smashed on it and the cables ripped twice so I got tired of it and went back to stock clutch and flywheel. Then I had no issues with it after

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com