Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 2002 GT Hesitation at low RPM

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 2002 GT Hesitation at low RPM
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray94GT  Ford pictures for Ray94GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hey guys,i just bought a 02 GT with some issues.. wondering if you guys can help me out or take a look at it. My car seems to run fine at high RPM but anything under 2k rpm he hesitate or misfire. not sure what it is. The last owner isntalled a offrode h pipe and he said thats when it started happening. Can it be from the pipes install? theres no leak. car idles fine. only when driving wot when i feel it. it would happen from 2nd to 5th gear on low rpm. if anyone of your have encounter this issue please give me your insight. i rather not go to ford and pay out of pocket if its a easy fix.. thanks in advance!
Outlaw_Stangz
¯
Member # 3926

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Outlaw_Stangz  Ford pictures for Outlaw_Stangz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you have a check engine light? Since it is a new to you car I would start with a tune up and clean the mass air flow sensor. A bad O2 sensor or coil over Plug could cause those problems. You are going to have to start trouble shooting and ruling things out.
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray94GT  Ford pictures for Ray94GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I will start by eliminating and changing bunch of stuff.
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Checked the code P04055. Evap leak?
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Evac leak... Seems like you got a vac leak somewhere. With that code did you check your lines going to the charcoal canister?
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

Not sure where the canister is. Would that cause my hesitation? I guess I can replace it and see if the code still there and hope it will fix my hesitation.
Secnd2nun64
¯
Member # 1431

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Secnd2nun64  Ford pictures for Secnd2nun64    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's in the pass fender but you need to check things before replacing them. For you, I think your better off taking it in. [patriot]
SSP NOTCH
¯
Member # 13449

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSP NOTCH  Ford pictures for SSP NOTCH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hit up Daniel at advanced auto and electric in san ramon. Hes real good with mustangs and should be able to help you.
Ray94GT
¯
Member # 13285

quote:
Originally posted by SSP NOTCH:
Hit up Daniel at advanced auto and electric in san ramon. Hes real good with mustangs and should be able to help you.

got it to run back to normal. the issue was a failed Spark plug. lol! i had a friend delete the code with a reader for now.

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com