Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Delete

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Delete
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey guys I'm looking for a little insight on my issue. 94 302 5speed car all stock. Few days ago while in the driveway I mashed on the gas pedal a couple times and each time the battery light would come on then right off. Yesterday pulling out of a stall at the bank the car died but starts right back up. Then as I was waiting for others to pull out so I could go on my way it died again. It would do this at idle. Limped it home , tapped on the gas a few times in the driveway and it wouldn't die again. I have noticed in the past if I sometimes turn the steering wheel the idle would drop and or die to. I don't know if fuel pump is stock, fuel filter or alternator. Maybe time to replace. Oh yeah if I am on freeway and gear down and lay into it she will ping badly. What do you guys think. I will test fuel pressure and see if alt is charging.

[ 2015-08-04, 07:33 PM: Message edited by: rollininmy50 ]

90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First check your alternator. since the battery light comes on you say. Also the alternator going bad can be the reason its acting up.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little update, checked charging system and alt is working fine, had the battery tested and it failed the load test. Replaced the battery and also the fuel filter just for kicks. Let's hope the battery was the problem.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post 
if it's pinging when at full throttle, it's time for a tune up and to verify what the timing is set to.

stock is 10* BTDC.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Delete

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com