Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Gas pedal gets stuck

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Gas pedal gets stuck
25thAniCHP
¯
Member # 11976

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 25thAniCHP  Ford pictures for 25thAniCHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
so my gas pedal gets stuck. If I tap on it doesn't rev, if I press a little harder i revs up to much,and when I tap it for the 3rd time it gets softer. What could it be. Maybe my throttle body? I've tried putting wd40 on the tb but it dosent help much.
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
holy shit, don't use wd40 on the throttle body blade [Eek!]

are they all original stock parts?

why not do some trouble shooting? Unhook the throttle cable from the throttle body, then check out how hard it is to move the throttle body by hand.

Then check to see if the cable is hard to pull back and forth in the housing.

Then check the gas pedal is hard to move back inside the car.

Once you narrow down where the problem is, you can replace the part or fix what's wrong...don't just go blindly spraying shit that attracts dust and will gum up the throttle body in a few days and make shit worse like wd40

[ 2015-06-16, 05:32 PM: Message edited by: Blind ]

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
25thAniCHP
¯
Member # 11976

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 25thAniCHP  Ford pictures for 25thAniCHP    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
thanks I will try this out.
25thAniCHP
¯
Member # 11976

By the way I did not spray the blade, I sprayed the throttle pully and the parts are original except the tb. I believe it is 70mm bbk/edelbrock
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
BBK throttle bodies are known to stick.
Posts: 18528 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sounds like the blade shuts too far, try adjusting the idle screw out just a little bit.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Check the screws that hold the tb blade to the center shaft. Those back out causing the blade to hang up in the bore.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
25thAniCHP
¯
Member # 11976

Thanks guys I just fixed it. It was the idle screw, it was to out .

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com