Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » 32 Valve Mark 8 Swap ... NEED Help asap!!

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: 32 Valve Mark 8 Swap ... NEED Help asap!!
99GT_SN95
¯
Member # 13863

Ford Icon 4 posted      Profile for 99GT_SN95  Ford pictures for 99GT_SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I basically have everything ready to drop in im stuck on this dilemma though. I have a 99 GT automatic which was an original 8 Bolt. So I bought a 6 Bolt , holes dint line up with the converter , so I just recently purchased a brand new 01-04 6 Bolt Flexplate figuring since they had the same transmission it should be fine to use... Guess what it bolts but DOES NOT LINE up with the God damn torque converter. I'm stumped on this & it's literally all I need to drop this bad boy back in my car. Does anyone know a 6 Bolt Flexplate that with fit a 99/00 GT Torque converter????? I'm dying to put her back together

--------------------
99GT_SN95🚗💨💨💨🚨🚓🚓

SacStangDriver
¯
Member # 8304

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacStangDriver  Ford pictures for SacStangDriver    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if the balance is the same and the plates look very similar. drill someholes.

--------------------
Need sidework done at great prices? I work on all makes and models from engine work to gears. Check engine light problems too. 916 912 3493

Posts: 1217 | From: sacramento | Registered: Mar 2008  |  :
99GT_SN95
¯
Member # 13863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99GT_SN95  Ford pictures for 99GT_SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SacStangDriver:
if the balance is the same and the plates look very similar. drill someholes.

You have a number I can text you at so I can send pics of what I'm talking about. I have a 99 GT with an 8 bolt crank. My engine now is a 97 Mark 8 with a 6 Bolt Crank. I know the 01-04 GTs were 6 Bolt Craks and used same tranny but I just found out they had different converters I guess... So they're flexplate bolts to my engine fine. But when I try and line it up for my torque converter it is 1/2 off. My 8 bolt Flexplate has 7 1/2 Spacing from the center of the Hole to the next. The 01-04 GTs have 8 from one to the next ....

--------------------
99GT_SN95🚗💨💨💨🚨🚓🚓

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I'm all for reusing parts but why not get a proper torque converter that fits?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
99GT_SN95
¯
Member # 13863

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 99GT_SN95  Ford pictures for 99GT_SN95    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Blind:

Trying to buy one new but literally can't find one anywhere. It has to specially be 10.5 Measuinrg up and down center to center with a Spacing of 7.5 side to side for the torque converter holes.... My year only came with a 8 Bolt crank option. I need a 6 Bolt to match the engines crank. And the ones I just bought from orielly made for 96-04 is off by almost an inch. And I just need it done asap. Only factor holding up my swap bro.

--------------------
99GT_SN95🚗💨💨💨🚨🚓🚓

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 99GT_SN95:
quote:

Trying to buy one new but literally can't find one anywhere. It has to specially be 10.5 Measuinrg up and down center to center with a Spacing of 7.5 side to side for the torque converter holes.... My year only came with a 8 Bolt crank option. I need a 6 Bolt to match the engines crank. And the ones I just bought from orielly made for 96-04 is off by almost an inch. And I just need it done asap. Only factor holding up my swap bro.
Didn't the mach1 automatic trans 4 valve's come with a 6 bolt crank? Why not duplicate those parts?

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Boss 327
¯
Member # 9143

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boss 327  Ford pictures for Boss 327    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 99GT_SN95:
quote:

Didn't the mach1 automatic trans 4 valve's come with a 6 bolt crank? Why not duplicate those parts?
That they did.

--------------------
"You'll never truly understand building engines until you can make power N/A. FI overshadows an engines defficiency." Al Papito

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com