Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Building a 306 on a budget (Page 2)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: Building a 306 on a budget
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The stock 19 lb. injectors are fine as long as you run the FMU provided in the kit. Most S-trim kits come with an inline t-Rex fuel pump, but if you buy a used kit and the pump is not included you can replace your intank pump with a walbro 255 lph pump (I believe it's a 255, can't remember) and you will be fine. I would recommend upgrading your stock pump regardless.

--------------------
Infineon/Sears point? same difference!
11.8 @ 115 mph @ Sac Raceway
411 rwhp 402 trq (old set up)
540 rwhp 517 rwtrq (new set up)
ET's to come

92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 92_5.0  Ford pictures for 92_5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't recommend spending money on an entry level A-trim kit, for a few bucks more you can get the S-trim and have much more room to grow in the future

--------------------
ET's to come

revcor
¯
Member # 13604

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for revcor  Ford pictures for revcor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
if i can find a good deal on one i would definitely get an S-trim, but i'm really only doing this as a cheap way to temporarily quench my thirst for speed while i work on the new motor, so i dont want to dump a bunch of money in it
92_5.0
¯
Member # 7624

I know exactly what you mean, been there haha. If you do go with an A-trim, look into a UPR power pipe. They are made from plastic and will not heat soak. Also pick up a 73mm c&l mass air meter. You'll gain a few psi with those mods alone. Not sure if you have headers, but headers are a must when running a blower.

--------------------
ET's to come

revcor
¯
Member # 13604

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for revcor  Ford pictures for revcor    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
i just got off the phone with vortech i think im going to get one of their entry level SCi kits. i already have a walbro 255lph fuel pump so they were saying with a couple sizes smaller pulley and a bypass valve (totalling only like $150) it'll bump it up another 1.5-2psi
50Reasons
¯
Member # 6452

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 50Reasons  Ford pictures for 50Reasons    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Find a nice set of edelbrock Vic juniors and a hi tech cam and a Holley system max II intake 65mm to 70 mm tb and a nice 76mm pro m maf or sct maf oh and don't forget to get some 24lb injectors and upgrade that fuel pump to a 255 lb intake pump should be well under budget and don't forget to measure for some comp cam push rods for the new cam and 1.6 rockers and heads

[ 2015-02-03, 10:51 AM: Message edited by: 50Reasons ]

--------------------
50Reasons Car Club President
Daniel/50Reasons
http://youtu.be/n_UkDg_F4MQ
https://youtu.be/066xRvxKy-g

Posts: 9483 | From: Sacramento Ca | Registered: Jan 2006  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com