Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » Trunk Battery Mount

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Trunk Battery Mount
306Guy
¯
Member # 8744

Ford Icon 3 posted      Profile for 306Guy  Ford pictures for 306Guy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Hello All. Just wanted to share some information I came across. I was looking for the "correct" way to mount my battery in the trunk since the way I have it currently is not NHRA legal and is giving me voltage drop issues. Here is the article I found and a diagram (if I knew how to upload it) I drew to help for you visual people (like me) out there.

Trunk-Mounted Battery Install - 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Magazine

From the way it's laid out I am going to run the 1/0 wires through my sub-frame connectors and to the alternator and starter on the passenger side and the 14g. wire through the car/under carpet to the back where the solenoid is. Everything else pretty much stays where it is ans since I cleaned up my engine bay the solenoid is currently under the fender, which is a PITA to get to if it goes out. Now it will be in the back, probably behind the plastic panel in my hatch...clean and tucked away.

Here is the link to the Junction Block and subsequent wiring as well (if you need it - maybe cheaper to get the wires elsewhere though): Catalog

Enjoy!

[ 2014-10-21, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: 306Guy ]

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com