Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » need help 2000 gt fuel system

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: need help 2000 gt fuel system
SS_Super_Stang
¯
Member # 11510

Ford Icon 5 posted      Profile for SS_Super_Stang  Ford pictures for SS_Super_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have a 2000 gt. The check fuel cap lightis on. Car runs fine under normal driving. But really chockes/sputters when I floor it. So I whent to kragen and picked up a new cap. Light turn off but came back 30 seconds later. I have done researched and found that the filler neck gasket is common to go bad. If this gasket is bad would it turn the light on and make the car run bad? Can this issues be caaused by a bad charcoal canister or the solenoid to the canister (cant remember the actual name). Any help would be appreciated.

--------------------
94 cobra

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
also could possibly be the line from the canister that runs in the pass fender to the hard line, i had to replace the rubber line from the canister to the hard line and the canister in my 96gt.

[ 2014-08-28, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: 70stang351w ]

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
basically an EVAP issue. But the car should run ok even with a leak in the evap system. Pull codes and you might have to use smoke to find the leak. Good luck

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

SS_Super_Stang
¯
Member # 11510

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SS_Super_Stang  Ford pictures for SS_Super_Stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Thank you. I have replaced the seal and no help eather. Im trying the line next.

--------------------
94 cobra

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com