Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Tech Talk   » fuel seems to be boiling any input?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: fuel seems to be boiling any input?
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
ok so i have a mechanical holley fuel pump and my fuel seems to be boiling....the stock routing on my 83 capri brings it close to the exhaust.the car currently has rubber hoses on it so i plan to go electric pump and steel braided lines.my question is has anyone ever ran into this? issue is my car runs dog rich once its warm i just wanted to see what everyone else did to cure this

--------------------
95 stroked and blown cobra

Posts: 2387 | From: antioch ca | Registered: Oct 2010  |  :
84SVOrick
¯
Member # 9039

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 84SVOrick  Ford pictures for 84SVOrick    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
pour some ice water into the tank see if that helps. if not your going to need to adjust the flux capacitor, maybe align your muffler bearings, try adding more blinker fluid. maybe its as simple as turning on the a/c to cool it. but if all else fails id just "hit the gasser, go faster, all youll hear is dual exhaust....flow masters" sorry if this isnt the answer your lookin for but i was bored at work. [patriot]

--------------------
Bay Area Stunnaz
RIP Jeannera "FOXY302"
10/29/87-10/9/10
1984 SVO 302 HCI a basic bitch
1986 GT FOXY302 stolen and totaled R.I.P.

Posts: 1928 | From: Vallejo CA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  :
moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for moeofit32  Ford pictures for moeofit32    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
lol FUCKER

--------------------

POWERED BY FORD
¯
Member # 9204

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for POWERED BY FORD  Ford pictures for POWERED BY FORD    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:
pour some ice water into the tank see if that helps. if not your going to need to adjust the flux capacitor, maybe align your muffler bearings, try adding more blinker fluid. maybe its as simple as turning on the a/c to cool it. but if all else fails id just "hit the gasser, go faster, all youll hear is dual exhaust....flow masters" sorry if this isnt the answer your lookin for but i was bored at work. [patriot]

Hahaha. [patriot]
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Clothes pins on the fuel line will help get rid of the heat.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Tom Renzo
¯
Member # 13165

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom Renzo  Ford pictures for Tom Renzo    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Perculation was once a big problem with carbed cars. The fuel does boil in the lines as you explained . Seen it many times. Best bet is to keep the lines away from heat and convert to a feed return system.Newer carbed cars had a 2 line system even on a low pressure engine pump setup. Camaros and GM cars cured this with a return line Once the fuel is moving in the lines it cures the issue. EFI cars do not do this as they have return lines and the lines are all under pressure right from the tank. As i said pressurized fuel lines wont boil the fuel.. Some newer cars do not have a return but the higher pressure in the lines from the tank prevents the issue. So mount a pump in the rear of the car or better yet inside the tank and reroute the lines in the engine compartment away from the heat and you will be OK. Good luck .

[ 2014-07-23, 03:36 AM: Message edited by: Tom Renzo ]

--------------------
I spend money i don't have. Building cars i don't need. To impress people i don't know.

moeofit32
¯
Member # 10393

Thanks tom appreciate the info [patriot]

--------------------

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hmmm this explains what happened to the lines from my fuel pump to carb.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

Duncan Motors
¯
Member # 7045

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Duncan Motors  Ford pictures for Duncan Motors    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
wrap the lines with heat tape or something, steel braided aint gona help.or reroute the fuel line, u can go up behind the firewall an motor an then just turn your fuel line back wards, looks clean that way an no heat.
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by Duncan Motors:
wrap the lines with heat tape or something, steel braided aint gona help.or reroute the fuel line, u can go up behind the firewall an motor an then just turn your fuel line back wards, looks clean that way an no heat.

Not legal for nhra race tracks to run the fuel line by the firewall.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

A return style fuel regulator will help cool the fuel
NK2186
¯
Member # 12319

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NK2186  Ford pictures for NK2186    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by 84SVOrick:

Pull over nope nope with a car full of smoke a trunk full of dope! YEEEEEE

--------------------
90 LX 5.0 - Stolen/stripped
89 LX 5.0 - Stolen and missing as of 7-24-13. LIC# 4HIP151 :(
99 Cobra
00 Exploder

Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com