Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » Drag Racing   » first time pass in my slow 2v (Page 1)

- Email this post to someone!   Page: 1  2   
Author Topic: first time pass in my slow 2v
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 7 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ok so I took my nearly stock 98 gt vert 5 spd to street legal Wednesday ran a best et of 15.09 src . Couldnt get traction so babied off the line only have cai, bbk xpipe x stage 2 clutch and hurst shifter. Mid next month plan on doing full pi head swap and install 4.10 gears and some wider gtippy tires what should I run ?? Also doing suspension work im guessing 13.7 @100
Posts: 276 | From: sacramento | Registered: Nov 2013  |  :
rollininmy50
¯
Member # 9067

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for rollininmy50  Ford pictures for rollininmy50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Good luck, with cold air, under drive pullies and intake, 14.2 was the best I could get it to go in a quarter mile, without changing the heads
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by rollininmy50:
Good luck, with cold air, under drive pullies and intake, 14.2 was the best I could get it to go in a quarter mile, without changing the heads

With an sn95 ?? The only way I can see that happening with this car is with drag radials and itsc a convertible, now after sacstangdriver does my pi swap and installs my 4.10gears I think ill see high 13s, would like to see 13.7 on steet tires
MaK_1967v8
¯
Member # 12187

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for MaK_1967v8  Ford pictures for MaK_1967v8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SN95 GT isn't gonna get anywhere near a 13 quarter without PI heads and intake. sorry, dude.

--------------------
1967 C Code Coupe
2004 Roush Stage 2

Posts: 620 | From: Sacramento, CA | Registered: Jul 2012  |  :
70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
think he said in the first post that is what he will be getting the PI swap installed this next month, so high 13's are possible.

Saclve whats been done to your suspension?

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

East Bay 50
¯
Member # 8081

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for East Bay 50  Ford pictures for East Bay 50    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
98 Gt's are slow as hell! and in the fact that it is a convertible and it gets even tougher to go fast. You are better off selling that thing for a 98 cobra and throwing a S trim on it. You will go faster than 13.7 and be alot happier...

--------------------
Kurgan tuned stroked and blown 347 foxbody. boost nukka!

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by MaK_1967v8:
SN95 GT isn't gonna get anywhere near a 13 quarter without PI heads and intake. sorry, dude.

Have a low mile set of pi heads and intake sitting in storage room, ordering 4.10 gears next them having sacstangdriver install them so im pretty sure I can see mid 13s with traction and maybe a tune,
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:
98 Gt's are slow as hell! and in the fact that it is a convertible and it gets even tougher to go fast. You are better off selling that thing for a 98 cobra and throwing a S trim on it. You will go faster than 13.7 and be alot happier...

Im not going to get my money back so why even try to sell im already semi attached to the car and looking forward to seeing progress I like bracket racing so not worried about having 400+ hp . I would have no problem posting videos of me running a 98 cobra and newer gen mustangs once im done with the motor , and suspension
sic70stang
CAFords OG
Member # 4347

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for sic70stang  Ford pictures for sic70stang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by East Bay 50:

Lol some people on this site.

--------------------
The anti-crew
1987 rolling safety violation.

Posts: 6940 | From: California | Registered: Jul 2005  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Lol I used to believe all that slowest mustang ever made junk but iv dont think its valid anymore, sure a 5.0 is easy as hell to make faster but I will find joy in running mid 13s just like I see ppl run in stock 5.0 coyote mustangs which cost them 40k lol
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by 70stang351w:
think he said in the first post that is what he will be getting the PI swap installed this next month, so high 13's are possible.

Saclve whats been done to your suspension?

absolutely nothing the shocks are garbage same with everything else under there, plan on replacing shocks, struts , installing eibach pro spring kit, and subframe connectors should transform the ride quality and handling should be greatly improved not to mention lowering et. Also plan on replacingb the rear all season 245-45-17 with some bfgoodrich or nitto nt555 275 or 285/40r17 which should help with launching the car

[ 2014-02-15, 03:10 PM: Message edited by: saclve ]

coupe5oh
¯
Member # 10411

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for coupe5oh  Ford pictures for coupe5oh    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
gears,tires, PI swap, and some n2o.. and suspension and you will have a solid street/track car

--------------------
R.I.P Willie Guzman (5ltrsvt)
96 4.6- H/C/I 5.3 LS swap
95 5.0- SOLD
94 5.0- SOLD

saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by coupe5oh:
gears,tires, PI swap, and some n2o.. and suspension and you will have a solid street/track car

If I decide to do nitrous it will be later in the year and only a 75shot sure that would take her down to the mid 12s .. but im kinda sketched out on the idea of running a bottle i guess I just need to do my research
KCmustangboy
¯
Member # 1927

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KCmustangboy  Ford pictures for KCmustangboy    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Keep your car, do you mods, drive the shit out it. My favorite time slips were my 13s in my old notch about 13 years ago. Best time of my life. Get it dialed in and go every wednesday you can and have some fun. There is ALWAYS going to be a faster car.

--------------------
03 Cobra... Factory long block, with Whipple and AED tune... 812rwhp 10.0s @ 140... almost there!

WWW.AEDHP.COM

Posts: 1691 | From: San Jose, CA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by KCmustangboy:
Keep your car, do you mods, drive the shit out it. My favorite time slips were my 13s in my old notch about 13 years ago. Best time of my life. Get it dialed in and go every wednesday you can and have some fun. There is ALWAYS going to be a faster car.

Lol now you have 800+rwhp haha I will be in the 500+ hp one day, but yes looking forward to it just ordered last few parts and just waiting for $$ for install cant wait until early next month hoping I can see high 13sec b4 I even touch suspension or tires
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Oh yes I have always loved street legal Wednesday have been going since we were sneaking moms poor civic out the as bad teenagers haha
1fastmach1
¯
Member # 10137

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1fastmach1  Ford pictures for 1fastmach1    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Dont fear the bottle and a cheap way to tune with nitrous get a 1 gallon fuel cell a holley pump and run 116 wen you spray on the nitrous solenoid

--------------------
REDLINE MOTORSPORTS CC EST 2011
1993 CHP sold
2004 mach 1 408 Windsor n20 fed
R.I.P. JORGE GUTIERREZ JR
6/13/1982- 11/05/2013

Posts: 2592 | From: clawwwitter to 7th st | Registered: Jul 2010  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

quote:
Originally posted by 79 cobra:
Dont fear the bottle and a cheap way to tune with nitrous get a 1 gallon fuel cell a holley pump and run 116 wen you spray on the nitrous solenoid

Im thinking about running some n20 not sure tho
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Idk if I would rather do nitrous or jusr do a cam swap and good tune ..
Torchcobra87
¯
Member # 12914

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Torchcobra87  Ford pictures for Torchcobra87    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Fastest I went when I had my 98 gt was 13.82@ 104 mph with non pi heads ... My mods were pi intake manifold, plenum,75mm throttle body, intake , compcams 262's, short headers,x pipe, catback, 373 gears, and a tune..
90GT510
¯
Member # 9199

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 90GT510  Ford pictures for 90GT510    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Man I just went to the track for the first time ever last Friday and it's a blast. I ran 13.8 in my stock 2007 gt 5speed. My shocks and struts are blown and I was on the cheapest street tires I could find lol. so I'm getting Koni adjustable soon. Hopefully some slicks or DR's and control arms will put me closer to lower thirteens. My goal is to eventually hit mid 11s. But I know I'm going to have fun building this car and I'm sure u will enjoy the same with urs. Good luck.

--------------------
Stay Sydewayz

Posts: 1725 | From: East Bay/Dallas, TX | Registered: May 2009  |  :
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ok so had horrible time at track , first run since pi swap and 4.10 gears and 2nd tranny swap , with no tune and spinning tires bad thru 60ft and car blowing up b4 I passed the markers went 14.08@98 smfh. The tranny is screwed and same with driveline and x pipe we will see what else what screwed over in the process. With a decent launch and without blowing up I wouldve easily hit 13.7-13.8 on crappy 245 tires and with a tuner 100octane and some bfg 275 rear tires I think 13.4 is def possible
saclve
¯
Member # 13280

Ford Icon 9 posted      Profile for saclve  Ford pictures for saclve    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So down about car breaking but hopefully I can work thru this and get it in shape, I look forward to getting on newer mustangs with my old crud bucket sn95 vert ,
my 60ft was 2.2
1/8 mile was 9.1@81
Maybe put cobra t45 tranny in it and aluminum driveshaft .

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
the only difference between the cobra and gt t45 are the back halves of the cases, the mounts in different places. drive shafts are the same length.
i had a ford racing alum drive shaft had it balanced; no issues ever.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

98 ROUSH
¯
Member # 10309

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 98 ROUSH  Ford pictures for 98 ROUSH    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard the 99 GT tremec t-45 were the best one to get. You should be in the 13s no problem. I ran a 12.8 with a stock pi heads swap with a stage 1 trick flow cams setup.
FIXED GRAMMER I WAS DRUNK [Whoo Whooooo!]

[ 2014-05-13, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: 98 ROUSH ]

--------------------
Built 2v
Stroked, Cammed and Blown
Advanced Auto Built & Kurgan Tuned

Posts: 4678 | From: North Hayward, Cali | Registered: Sep 2010  |  :

Page: 1  2   
Post New Topic  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com