Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » MY NEW 59' PANEL PROJECT

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: MY NEW 59' PANEL PROJECT
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So i bought this a month ago and now have my direction planned out, thought i'd share the progress with you guys.  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for [SHO]TIME  Ford pictures for [SHO]TIME    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
prepping for install of new front suspension  -  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

since the new go to swap for old ford trucks is crown vic front end i figured heck i can make it fit in a chevy, so i bought the drop out unit from a 05 interceptor. heres my process of making extra heavy wall tubing to span between the frame where the cradle bolts in  - /media/SAM_2547_zpskf8lr596.jpg.html]  - [/URL]  -  -  -  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

and heres the front all bolted in awesome fit!!!! plus it gives a 6" drop to the front  -
Vndcatr
CAFords OG
Member # 2343

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vndcatr  Ford pictures for Vndcatr    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
hm, Looks good! What motor do you plan on dropping in? and rear suspension..

--------------------
Built 01 cobra
400 rwhp
11.7@117mph , 1.62 60ft

Posts: 1066 | From: Sacramento,Ca | Registered: Jan 2003  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

I've decided to go with the irs out of a 2002 or newer explorer for the rear suspension, mainly for the ease of adding full air suspension later, just waiting for the right wrecked explorer with low miles to come up for sale. As for drive train i already have a low mileage 350 and 700r4 trans but im pondering buying another wrecked zo6 vette and using the motor out of that but then when the truck is done it has to bring 50K to make it worth while
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

it's been a while thought i'd update progress, I've yanked the frame from the truck, completely boxed it in and fabbed in lincoln mark8 rear irs
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

-  -  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

[IMG]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah275/sally6878/SAM_2601_  - [/IMG]  -  -  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

-
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
it's looking pretty rad so far.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Nice having space to do this.

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

yeah but too bad my fence is fucked up and my home is a so called dump to a group of hater members on this site LOL. I have just a couple finish up things on the frame then i can lay down a heavy coat of epoxy.
Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I like the ingenuity in incorporating the modern suspension front and rear, although they're Ford components LOL. What engine & trans combo are you planning on using?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

with as far as i've gone with frame and suspension,it's slated to recieve new ls, the ls-6 swap in our 57 chevy truck is so clean this truck is getting one for sure. I'm waiting on all the air ride components but i already have a connection on a wrecked 2015 SS camaro with 3000 miles might just pull the trigger on that
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

last night i bolted the body to the chassis for mock up, sits nice , plenty of room for wheels in back, but im going to do a mild tub, cuz where it sits right now is ride height and it will drop 6" from there layed out, when it does being an irs rear wheels angle in and hit inner fenders
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

- [/U  - ]RL]  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

-  -
RRRCobraSC281
¯
Member # 7086

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRCobraSC281  Ford pictures for RRRCobraSC281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Do you you plan to re-drill you rear hubs for 4.5x5?

If youd like to borrow it, I have a jig I made to do this on a Bridgeport.

[ 2015-11-04, 09:59 AM: Message edited by: RRRCobraSC281 ]

--------------------
Project 93GT500 has started
90 Coyote Coupe (sold)
88 Mach 1 Coupe MM&FF 6/14 (sold)
65 FFR Cobra (sold)

Posts: 1746 | From: Fremont, CA | Registered: Sep 2006  |  :
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

Just finished up doing the wheel tubs , I wanted the tubs to appear factory so i split the stock ones and added a 4" wide piece and welded the two seams and ground them smooth, biggest bitch was re creating the lip with the roll in it but got it pretty tits! now i can tuck a 12" wide wheel in back no problem. the last pic is of the truck laid out but still driveable
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

-  -  -  -
[SHO]TIME
¯
Member # 8962

-  -  -  -

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com