Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » foxbody seat choices

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: foxbody seat choices
Aztec 5.0
¯
Member # 13859

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aztec 5.0  Ford pictures for Aztec 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What other year seats can I swap into my 90 GT? Looking for something that will bolt right in without having to spend a bunch. Not into the race seats, just looking to see if other year mustang seats will work. Thanks
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Any year straight bolt in. How i know? Ive had sn95 seats in my car and new edge. No issue besides the wiring for power drivrs seat. Not hard at all to wire up though

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

High-Output Generations CC

Posts: 1669 | From: East Palo Alto, Fiji Islands | Registered: Jun 2012  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
79-04 seats all direct swap even rails? I believe should be the same. From what I've heard new edge seats have the most comfort and more bolstering to keep you in the seat

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
4 CAM FOX
¯
Member # 11891

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4 CAM FOX  Ford pictures for 4 CAM FOX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
01 Bullit, 01 Cobra, 03/04 Termi and 03/04 Mach all came with really nice seats. 85/86 sport seats are nice too, but lack support and have the same ganster lean problem as any other fox seat until you reinforce the frame.

[ 2015-07-20, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: CAMD FOX ]

--------------------
"The clutch is on the left. Gas on the right."
"What's this one in the middle?"
"It's for pussies."

Aztec 5.0
¯
Member # 13859

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aztec 5.0  Ford pictures for Aztec 5.0    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Cool thanks guys. The seats in it are solid but the driver side has a 6"rip in the vinyl. Just weighing my options on having it fixed or finding different seats that are more comfortable
Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wht86drop  Ford pictures for Wht86drop    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What kind of seats do you have?

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

1996 GT
I'm Joe Yates
Member # 4992

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1996 GT  Ford pictures for 1996 GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
SVO seats are pretty darn comfy too, if you can find them at a good price.

--------------------
http://i.magaimg.net/img/257w.png

Aztec 5.0
¯
Member # 13859

I have the stock tweed on vinyl in grey or titanium
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
sn95 and new edge seats all raise the seat bottom by nearly 3/4" when bolted into a foxbody.

So unless you're a midget, they aren't exactly a true direct swap, and require fab work to the seat brackets to lower them down.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I installed the '04 Cobra seats and love them. They did raise me up a little bit. I'm 6' tall and still have plenty of room above my head. Had to create an electrical plug to get the electrics working but it's fairly easy!! Must be if I did it!! [Wink]
Aztec 5.0
¯
Member # 13859

3/4" raise in seat height would be good for me cuz I'm short and I don't have tilt. Are all the othe options power cuz I don't want to deal with paying someone to wire it up
Marks93
¯
Member # 11130

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marks93  Ford pictures for Marks93    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The ones I bought were power and like I said, it was pretty easy to make a mini-harness and hook it up.
If they're like mine, don't pay anyone to wire them up. I'll give you a hand.

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
you can also just bolt your stock foxbody manual seat rails to the newer seats and they will bolt into your foxbody and work just like your old manual seats

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Aztec 5.0
¯
Member # 13859

Blind>> is that a straight unbolt and bolt on to the new seats?
Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

fox track bolts right onto sn95 seats.

havent tried s197

--------------------
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Wht86drop
¯
Member # 12104

Fox tracks work on S197 seats. You need to drill a hole on each side to make them fit. I know a member here that has tan ones in his 89 coupe. They look nice specially with the sn95 dash.

--------------------
Jalapeña Red 86 GT Vert
Yellow 72 Chevelle
Rio Red 97 Cobra

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com