Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Smog bill thoughts?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Smog bill thoughts?
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Seen this earlier today. My fox turns 30 next February.

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/15-16/bill/asm/ab_0501-0550/ab_550_bill_20150326_amended_asm_v98.html

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
Raelsmar
¯
Member # 9804

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Raelsmar  Ford pictures for Raelsmar    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I heard 85 is the new cutoff wish I still had my coupe.

--------------------
2010 Genesis 2.0T

If you can read this, then it's burrito time

Originally posted by 2T0NE
Niners deserve to lose

Raiders Lakers A's

Posts: 3768 | From: Vallejo, CA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Doubt it will happen. The state needs the failed smog inspections so the can show the federal government that we are trying to keep are air clean.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Wildfire532FB
CAFords OG
Member # 1482

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wildfire532FB  Ford pictures for Wildfire532FB  Author's Homepage     Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
What is this?

--------------------
./_ _ _ ___ __\
(]]]_ _ o _ _[[[)
|\_o_ __ __o_/|
|__|..........|__|
68 Fastback
84 CJ7
94 HMMWV
95 GT
03 F350
17 Fusion Hybrid

thrashed
¯
Member # 9752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for thrashed  Ford pictures for thrashed    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Interesting. If I read it correctly, you need to fail the smog check initially, make repairs and then fail it again -- then have the option to pay the $200 smog abatement fee. Not sure if that is a one time fee or or every 2 years.

I don't think its an exemption...

I also wonder if it applies if smog equipment is "tampered" with or missing...

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by thrashed:
Interesting. If I read it correctly, you need to fail the smog check initially, make repairs and then fail it again -- then have the option to pay the $200 smog abatement fee. Not sure if that is a one time fee or or every 2 years.

I don't think its an exemption...

I also wonder if it applies if smog equipment is "tampered" with or missing...

that's how I read it, sounds super expensive and a rather big headache. I wonder how much it will cost the state to have systems/people in place to watch over this kind of program.

I hope it doesn't pass. I vote bring back the rolling 25 year exemption for cars that aren't obd2

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
LXjames
¯
Member # 10791

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for LXjames  Ford pictures for LXjames    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
The rolling years was an awesome thing! But it doesn't help the government economically. If you get people to fail 2 test that's 100 bucks then 200 for the abatement that's lucrative! What would be dope is just to have a bunch of stock motors and exhaust to rent out! Installed running and driving for a couple hundred bucks and keep your registration fees from getting hit with the 200 dollar fee.

--------------------
On Point Motorsport prez.
King Lx

Posts: 4761 | From: Pittsburg CA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
NEIGHT
¯
Member # 8741

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for NEIGHT  Ford pictures for NEIGHT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by LXjames:
The rolling years was an awesome thing! But it doesn't help the government economically. If you get people to fail 2 test that's 100 bucks then 200 for the abatement that's lucrative! What would be dope is just to have a bunch of stock motors and exhaust to rent out! Installed running and driving for a couple hundred bucks and keep your registration fees from getting hit with the 200 dollar fee.

I'll never waste my time swapping in a stock motor just to pass smog, I'd rather pay to pass anyday. And I don't think the government makes anywhere near $50 for each smog performed, getting $200 would be great for them.

--------------------
-Savage Habits-
1992 Summer Edition
1986 Hatch- catfish killer
1964 Impala hard top

Posts: 18526 | From: EA$T $IDE REDWOOD CITY | Registered: Nov 2008  |  :
i
¯
Member # 12534

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for i  Ford pictures for i    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

I'll never waste my time swapping in a stock motor just to pass smog, I'd rather pay to pass anyday. And I don't think the government makes anywhere near $50 for each smog performed, getting $200 would be great for them.
Indeed plus most of the old cars are getting crushed

--------------------
86 Caged Coupe 5.0
91 Salvaged Coupe

Posts: 1901 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Nov 2012  |  :
wcs1993
¯
Member # 11111

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for wcs1993  Ford pictures for wcs1993    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
It's all a bunch of bullshit anyways. Should only have to pass by numbers for the vehicle no matter what is under the hood. Glad I moved to Az! Car is considered a collector so no smog. [burnout]

--------------------
93 EX CHP - Terminator swap, full MM
66 Convert 4spd, A code
03 Redfire Cobra Convertible
15 Ecoboost Fusion
98 SVT Contour
07 Expedition Limited

70stang351w
¯
Member # 9948

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 70stang351w  Ford pictures for 70stang351w    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by NEIGHT:
quote:

Like you said 200 would be better for the state, why not just have a custom car fee of 200 bills run what you want on cars that are"still in smog" its not like we build are cars to run like shit.. that would take away the illegal smogs of 300+bills but then again look how croocked CARB is and other state agancies, they'd lose all their fees to charge the manufacors to test and pass as CARB legal.

--------------------
1996 GT VERT /32v MOD - SOLD
1970 Mustang Coupe M-Code 351w

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
You guys do know it would be closer to 700 dollars to what the bill go through.

Smog 60.00
failed smog repairs 450.00
re-smog 60.00
fail again the state gets 200.00
So for math majors 720.00 ever two years plus tags
so it would be close to 900.00 every two years to get your tags.

Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Built88LX
¯
Member # 10758

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Built88LX  Ford pictures for Built88LX    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
You guys do know it would be closer to 700 dollars to what the bill go through.

Smog 60.00
failed smog repairs 450.00
re-smog 60.00
fail again the state gets 200.00
So for math majors 720.00 ever two years plus tags
so it would be close to 900.00 every two years to get your tags.

Seems like a government scam to get more money outta people I'm glad my car passes smog everytime with no problems [Big Grin]
Posts: 2390 | From: $acramento | Registered: Mar 2011  |  :
trickflow211
¯
Member # 8503

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for trickflow211  Ford pictures for trickflow211    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
After the first fail. If you want to repair car to pass you have to go to a shop they approve you can't fix it yourself so its gonna cost hella more $$$

--------------------
1990 Cobra Clone 421 Tq 420 Hp

Need General Contractor Services? 925-338-5422 serving East Bay Area over 20yrs

Posts: 2449 | From: Pittsburg/Sacramento | Registered: Jul 2008  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

You guys know California already does this An have been doing for years with out the 200.00 fee.

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com