Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » car trouble what to do stuck

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: car trouble what to do stuck
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
So I was on my way home from Vegas with the family and my ac goes out. So I go get it check out and the ac clutch will not turn. But they want to replace everything for 1700.00. Do I need to replace everything or just the clutch.
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Car is a 2005 Honda CTV its still 100 out and I can't drive in the heat with a 2 and 5 year old in the car
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Should be able to do just the clutch, if you have to do the whole compressor why dont you just do it yourself, its not hard

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
1700$ [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

They are trying to take you for a simple fix!! Do it yourself man.

Good Luck,

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Can't do it my self cause I have no tools plus its over 100 degrees out side
Fostang
¯
Member # 3752

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fostang  Ford pictures for Fostang    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by bigstangs:
Can't do it my self cause I have no tools plus its over 100 degrees out side

Well it aint gonna fix itself.

You either gotta sack it up n pay or do it yourself.

Clutch is about $200 gonna need an impact gun and a puller. Depending on position of the compressor may have to disconnect and drain system to do it.

I have succesfully flipped clutches around and got several thousand more miles out of them. Dunno how f'd up yours is.

--------------------
67' Fastback TT 408
67' Camaro Lsx
64' Corvette Fuelie
57' Chevy Bel Air Lsx
68’ Pony Convertible
66’ Pony Coupe

Posts: 3011 | From: Stockton/Danville | Registered: Nov 2003  |  :
fiftwyz
¯
Member # 8351

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fiftwyz  Ford pictures for fiftwyz    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Wait till you get home and fix it a little heat aint gona hurt anyone!!! Lol
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
How do know it just needs a clutch? Are we going off the shotgun method. What if the a/c compressor took a shit an there is metal in the system then it is a very costly repair.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
SLOW95GTS
¯
Member # 10365

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SLOW95GTS  Ford pictures for SLOW95GTS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
A/c delete pulley....problem solved.

--------------------
1995 Mustang GTS 5.0 - "minor mods"

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SLOW95GTS:

He will have kids in the car. He can not do that.

[patriot]

[ 2014-07-31, 08:04 PM: Message edited by: KARATExxCHUCK ]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for hurting your feelings  Ford pictures for hurting your feelings    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
quote:

[patriot]

He couldn't do it anyways I will to bet the don't make a a/c delete for a Honda crv.
Posts: 1830 | From: In front of the bank with a 45 an a ski mask | Registered: Jun 2014  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by hurting your feelings:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

He couldn't do it anyways I will to bet the don't make a a/c delete for a Honda crv.
Universal idler pulley [Razz] [Wink] [dance]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

good luck maybe if you never worked on one of this you should keep you moth shut
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I feel you on that situation OP. I recently drove i5 bay to la, and you really need ac. I saw cars on the side of the road broke down in that heat, but i was glad i didnt see any babies in the car because being stuck out there, even in the shade, is torture. I hope you hit a hotel with ac, and drove back at nightfall atleast...

--------------------
RIP EDSON VELORO
IM A NOOB, EXCUSE ME. THANKS.
92 LX Coupe 5.0 CARB'd BOLT-ONS SMOG LEGAL
62 Rag Impala

racsirx
CAFords OG
Member # 1710

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for racsirx  Ford pictures for racsirx    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Can you still drive it without the A/C pulley connected? If you can, just drive at night when it's cooler, it's quicker to drive at night, I do that Vegas trip all the time.

--------------------
88 Saleen #564
88 GT 331 NOVI2000
88 Coupe TURBO 9.75@142
95 Cobra R #75-SOLD
06 F250
13 BMW AH3
17 GT350 #5556
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Posts: 20750 | From: Concord & Pittsburg, CA | Registered: Aug 2002  |  :
Blow_U_In_Reverse
¯
Member # 12298

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blow_U_In_Reverse  Ford pictures for Blow_U_In_Reverse    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Blow_U_In_Reverse:
quote:
quote:
quote:

[patriot]

good luck maybe if you never worked on one of this you should keep you moth shut
Do u understand "sarcasm".. U know, there's this thing we like to do on this site which we refer to as "JOKE AROUND".. no need to get ur panties I'm a bunch pimp.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Real Men Get BLOWN"
-1993 Cobra "COBRUUH"
-1984 T-Top Notchback
#KurganTuned

Posts: 2688 | From: FiJi-925-650 | Registered: Aug 2012  |  :
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by racsirx:
Can you still drive it without the A/C pulley connected? If you can, just drive at night when it's cooler, it's quicker to drive at night, I do that Vegas trip all the time.

Not if the clutch is seized it will smoke the belt an break an over heat the car.
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

the a/c compressor took a shit on me and there was metal all in the system I'm glad I did not try to make it home cause the belt was about gone. We'll looks like Vegas got me again 0-3
hurting your feelings
¯
Member # 13641

quote:
Originally posted by bigstangs:
the a/c compressor took a shit on me and there was metal all in the system I'm glad I did not try to make it home cause the belt was about gone. We'll looks like Vegas got me again 0-3

It's common when compressor goes out

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com