Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Auto insurance companies?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Auto insurance companies?
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Which company do you recommend/use. Do you have a rep personally you deal with?

Looking into moving companies~ currently with Hartford

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Don't deal with a broker such as Cost U Less/Freeway, etc unless you have a terrible driving record and feel like paying a broker fee for less than stellar customer service.

"Personal Reps" is more a thing of the old days IF you are looking for "hook ups" or better pricing. The company's systems determine the rates based on all your info, so unless the agent is fudging with the numbers to get you a better price (which can bite you in the ass in the end) there isn't much one can mess with. Other than that, you want to make sure you're speaking to someone who is knowledgeable on their products and can deal with you professionally.

How is your driving record? How many years of driving experience do you have? What kind of vehicles do you need to insure? Do you drive a lot of miles for your commute?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

KARATExxCHUCK
¯
Member # 12851

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for KARATExxCHUCK  Ford pictures for KARATExxCHUCK    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have Statefarm and I love them. I have never had any problems with them for the 7 years I have been with them.

My brother got into an accident that wasn't his fault and they had a check for him within 2 to 3 days. They are quick to handle business and care about their customers.

I would look into Statefarm in my opinion!

Goodluck

Charles [patriot]

--------------------
**Sometimes you must kill the snake to walk the path!!
**Message me for Powder Coating and Sand blasting!!!:)

88cobraclone
¯
Member # 10958

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 88cobraclone  Ford pictures for 88cobraclone    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by KARATExxCHUCK:
I have Statefarm and I love them. I have never had any problems with them for the 7 years I have been with them.

My brother got into an accident that wasn't his fault and they had a check for him within 2 to 3 days. They are quick to handle business and care about their customers.

I would look into Statefarm in my opinion!

Goodluck

Charles [patriot]

+1 been with state Farm for about 2 year's now and they're awesome!!! Would really recommend, help you quick had my stereo stolen twice and both times I was helped quick and easy no hassle...
fredfifty
Since
9/2010
Member # 10320

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for fredfifty  Ford pictures for fredfifty    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
+1 for statefarm
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for AP16  Ford pictures for AP16    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Anyone have Grundy insurance? looking into them as the car is not a DD and really only use it for pleasure.

i have looked into them (state farm) but they are on the more expensive side. I don't touch it during the winter months

Black 02 SS
¯
Member # 5939

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Black 02 SS  Ford pictures for Black 02 SS    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by BluS281:
Anyone have Grundy insurance? looking into them as the car is not a DD and really only use it for pleasure.

i have looked into them (state farm) but they are on the more expensive side. I don't touch it during the winter months

If it isn't your regular use vehicle and its strictly for pleasure (kept in an enclosed garage) you are best off using Hagerty, Grundy, or American Modern Collector Car coverage. I have experience with American Modern and it will usually be under $200 a year with full coverage, $0 deductibles, towing, some spare parts coverage etc (If they value is under $20k). How old is the car?

--------------------
Schwinn 18speed

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I have american collector on my 2 mustangs (89 + 97). Stated value of $10k and $6k on them, about $400 a year total for both cars (~$200/ea).

They do require it not be your only car and to be garaged, otherwise there's no mileage limitation.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
AP16
¯
Member # 12890

have an 04 Saleen s281 & 04 Cobra. i do have them both in garages & only take them out for pleasure. I am leaning towards grundy or american modern.

I want the company that offers the best customer service and coverage just in case a claim ever happens (knock on wood)

04 S281
¯
Member # 9229

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 04 S281  Ford pictures for 04 S281    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Just make sure you get an agreed value policy from a collectors car insurance company that will recognize your car as a Saleen... and not just read the VIN and value it as a basic Mustang GT. That recognition of your car as a true Saleen, or at minimum an acknowledgement of its agreed value, needs to be in writing.

The last thing you want, is your car totaled/stolen, and insurance trying to pay you out book value on an '04 GT, which is around 33% of '04 Saleen S281 Speedster book value.

http://www.nadaguides.com/Classic-Cars/2004/Saleen/Saleen-Mustang-S281/2-Door-Convertible/Values

Agreed value and stated value are not the same thing. Be careful with stated value policies. Read the fine print. Most have a clause stating something along the lines of: "In the event of theft or a total loss we will pay the Stated Value
or the Actual Cash Value, whichever is less."

Meaning, if the car is totaled, they pay you your stated value, or book value, whichever is less. You are not guaranteed your stated value unless the fine print says you are.

[ 2014-06-18, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: 04 S281 ]

Posts: 1570 | From: Sacramento | Registered: Jun 2009  |  :

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com