Northern California Ford racer's Message Board Forum Sell & Buy Ford Parts in Northern California Classifieds Mustang Pictures / Videos of Ford Cars in Northern California

Northern California Ford Owners  

read DMs/my profile login | join CAFords | search | faq |
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Northern California Ford Owners     » Automotive   » General Talk   » Does anyone sell on eBay on the regular?

- Email this post to someone!    
Author Topic: Does anyone sell on eBay on the regular?
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I've been collecting Hot Wheels since I was 12(24 now) and collecting as in never opening the package. In the last 2 years the collecting has got more serious. I buy between 20-40 cars a week . mainly duplicates. I've learned which ones to collect and are worth more than others. I think I have between 500-800 all still in its casing which is nothing. There's guys who have in the thousands.

Anyways, it's time to learn how to sell. Hot wheels are a small profit but will fund buying more. Does anyone sell consistently? Do you just add it to eBay and wait till it gets a hit? Communication with the customers?

[ 2014-04-29, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: SSFGiant ]

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Posts: 588 | From: South San Fran | Registered: Apr 2011  |  :
eldog68
¯
Member # 12928

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for eldog68  Ford pictures for eldog68    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I don't sell on a regular basis but whether you sell 1 item or 1000 its the same process.
I would list those with a BUY IT NOW price. I assume you have a paypal acct set up already? if not its a must. it makes things way easy and when someone does buy from you they can send you the money right then. Buyer will email you through EBAY with any questions. Its all very simple really.

Posts: 263 | From: el Dorado hills | Registered: May 2013  |  :
SacGrown89GT
¯
Member # 7435

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SacGrown89GT  Ford pictures for SacGrown89GT    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Its very simple. Set up a paypal if you dont have one already. And go to sell. Its quite simple like craiglist. Except ebay charges a small fee. I believe its only like 3% or so. But its worth because your item can be bought from all over US. Just make sure you know about how much shipping is so you dont end up screwing yourself. I normally post on buy it now but once in a while auction is fun to use too. Your choice. Hope this kind of helped

--------------------
"Your shit aint hot!"
"No but its faster than your shoes"
"...."

Posts: 699 | From: SacGROWNmento | Registered: Feb 2007  |  :
bigstangs
¯
Member # 7920

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for bigstangs  Ford pictures for bigstangs    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
Ebay fee is 10% and paypal takes another 3%
Robb
¯
Member # 9444

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robb  Ford pictures for Robb    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I used to sell on ebay as a part time job until they started hiking up their fees. I called it quits when they raised it to 10%. It was killing my profits and wasn't worth it, Nevermind dealing with scammers who know how to manipulate the ebay system because they know ebay will ALWAYS side with the buyer in every case and the seller gets screwed.

Its good if you want to list something once and a while but thats about it.

Posts: 2467 | From: Sacramento,CA | Registered: Sep 2009  |  :
9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I sell stuff on ebay all the time, very easy and user friendly. If you're selling stuff and they arent going for much the 10% wont seem like alot but if you're selling stuff in the 100's its gonna suck lol, but its better than dealing with flakes and lowballers on here and craigslist, plus if you're willing to ship around the world then you can get alot of people looking at your stuff. Make sure you know how much shipping is because id its more than you posted you have to cover the difference.

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for SSFGiant  Ford pictures for SSFGiant    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
I think the shipping is what is gona be the hard part. How am I supposed to know how much it cost in advanced before I ship out. Do I go to the post office before, weigh it, and then put the add up?

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

9cobrasvt8
¯
Member # 11078

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9cobrasvt8  Ford pictures for 9cobrasvt8    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:
Originally posted by SSFGiant:
I think the shipping is what is gona be the hard part. How am I supposed to know how much it cost in advanced before I ship out. Do I go to the post office before, weigh it, and then put the add up?

You can do that or just do the flat rate priority, for the small flat rate priority i think its 5.95 and that should be good for 2 hot wheels, but you can go and talk to the post office, most of them are very helpful

--------------------
2013 Grabber blue coyote
1996 cobra
1996 gt h/c/i and gears
1998 cobra vert
1998 gt h/c/i
1997 gt blown

Posts: 1519 | From: under the hood | Registered: Jul 2011  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

quote:
Originally posted by 9cobrasvt8:
quote:

You can do that or just do the flat rate priority, for the small flat rate priority i think its 5.95 and that should be good for 2 hot wheels, but you can go and talk to the post office, most of them are very helpful
Ok cus some people charge more and the people that sell in bulks don't charge cus I think they make up the difference in what they're charging. This is all Good info. Thanks to everyone who responded.

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Blind
2.3L
CAFords OG
Member # 3052

Ford Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blind  Ford pictures for Blind    Send New Direct Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote       Share this CAFords post on FB
quote:

USPS 2-3 day priority flat rate boxes, different rate depending on the size of the box but that's it.

I sell a lot online, and personally I prefer selling on Amazon. I use the fulfilled by amazon (FBA) option where I package the items and print out/slap a barcode on each item, then ship to amazon warehouses across the US. When an order comes in Amazon handles -everything- and buyers with prime get free 2 day shipping. I sell WAY more on amazon than on eBay now and it's a lot less hassle to deal with. Rather than packing stuff and printing labels every night to drop off the following day to ship out, I do all that work on 1 of my days off and that's it I'm done until everything sells out. Profit gets direct deposited to my checking monthly...easy.

--------------------
89 LX Notchback ex 4cyl, 14psi
02 Harley F150, 15psi

Posts: 8521 | From: Fairfield | Registered: Jul 2003  |  :
SSFGiant
¯
Member # 10811

quote:
Originally posted by Blind:
quote:

USPS 2-3 day priority flat rate boxes, different rate depending on the size of the box but that's it.

I sell a lot online, and personally I prefer selling on Amazon. I use the fulfilled by amazon (FBA) option where I package the items and print out/slap a barcode on each item, then ship to amazon warehouses across the US. When an order comes in Amazon handles -everything- and buyers with prime get free 2 day shipping. I sell WAY more on amazon than on eBay now and it's a lot less hassle to deal with. Rather than packing stuff and printing labels every night to drop off the following day to ship out, I do all that work on 1 of my days off and that's it I'm done until everything sells out. Profit gets direct deposited to my checking monthly...easy.

This helps. I always use eBay and rarely look at Amazon. I'm gona take a look at Amazon. And I like that you can print labels right away

--------------------
2014 Mustang GT
1988 Mustang GT

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post a Ford message board Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer friendly view of this Ford topic
Hop To:

Questions/Requests/Suggestions? email CAFords

Fueled by Ford Mustang Owners
on CaliforniaFords.com